Craigslist?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJerry

Reaction score
What do you guys type in the search bar to locate things on Craigslist? I'm looking for a 5 gallon brew pot so I can brew on my stove in my new apartment, but I really don't want to pay "new" price for one. I have everything else, fermentor, secondary, siphon, this, that, bottles, la-de-da, but I need a kettle!

Any ideas?

Searching "Beer" was my first attempt with limited results. Possibly because there isn't anything listed on craigslist for beer supplies that I could use, but was just looking for input.

Thanks!

I just scored a 20lb full Co2 tank today. I search home brewing and find stuff every now and again after I sift through the coffee stuff. I also search words like keg, beer, co2, and brewing.

I do find very little and it usually goes really fast. I see carboys every now and again too.

If you have a Gordman's close by go there. I found 5 gallons SS pots for $10. They are not the thickest pots in the world, but they do the job. Bought a 4 gallon 1 about 6 years ago, and still use it today.

You can search for a keyword on Craigslist and then add the RSS feed into a rss reader such as Google Reader. Whenever a new post shows up with that keyword, it will show up in Google Reader. I have about 10 searches saved this way, so I can find all the deals I'm looking for easily.

Another thing to look for is "restaurant equipment." Restaurants close all the time and sell off stuff for cheap. You have to act fast, however, as many times the cookware gets sold off en masse.

Which brings up another point, a good restaurant supply store will have stockpots on sale for way less than what the brew shops charge. A while back, I picked up a 6mm thick, 60 qt aluminum stockpot brand new for $70.

I just picked up about 100 pop top bottles on craigslist for no charge, a lot of of work getting them clean though.

This is non of my business, but i would buy a pot that you can grown into... you can't do a full boil in a 5 gallon pot.

go for a 7.5 or 8 so that you have the extra room when you want it.

Also when you are performing searches on craigslist, also search for the plural of your search term... when searching for keg, also search for kegs and so forth.

I search for:

tranny
chicks with sticks
asspvssy

and usually find what I'm looking for.

I mean, um, we're talking about searching craigslist for beer stuff?

I was at Target the other day up off of I-80 and they had big stock pots on sale, you might check them out to see if they still do.

beer
homebrewing
home brewing
homebrew
home brew
keg
kegs

If you set up a feed you should include variations in spelling and plurals for your keywords. It does make a difference in your results.

Such as Fridge and Refrigerator.

Back