Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost impossible for Smith to get more points than Delhomme unless Delhomme throws a ton of picks or Smith scores on a reverse or something like that. I think the 1 point lead is safe.

It's tough, but far from impossible. If Smith accounts for most of the passing yardage, plus Delhomme tosses a couple picks, you could see Smith score more points. If Smith gets 100 yards receiving, that's five points, but if Delhomme only tosses for 200 total that's only four points. One or two picks, and there you go.

The key is that Delhomme can't throw TD passes to anyone OTHER than Smith.

the_bird said:
It's tough, but far from impossible. If Smith accounts for most of the passing yardage, plus Delhomme tosses a couple picks, you could see Smith score more points. If Smith gets 100 yards receiving, that's five points, but if Delhomme only tosses for 200 total that's only four points. One or two picks, and there you go.

The key is that Delhomme can't throw TD passes to anyone OTHER than Smith.

ok, then I change my comment from "almost impossible" to "highly improbable".

Which reminds me...

We saw a commerical for a new action flick coming up, and it made me think...

At what point will they finally realize that it is NOT "Mission: Impossible," and change the name of the movies to "Mission: Really Friggin' Difficult"?

todd_k said:
ok, then I change my comment from "almost impossible" to "highly improbable".

Yep. I need a bad day from Delhomme and a good day from Smith. Or a trick play RB touchdown pass or a quadruple reverse to Smith performed twice and I'm in!

But a 3-7 record looks to be the Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock for this week. :eek:

Time for an avatar change. Gnats like beer too you know.

I have not yet started watching the game (it's on Tivo), but here are the current scores. I've still got a long way to go.....

-walker

screen.jpg

All right, new Sunday and time to bring this thread back to the top. I am not going to be so bold as to say my Jets are going to kick the Bears asses but I am hoping for a competative game. I think if we can play smart and not turn the ball over we have a chance. was hoping we could get them in a overlook game since we come between the Giants and the Pats but our win last week may have made them take notice of us.:D

2nd Street Brewery said:
All right, new Sunday and time to bring this thread back to the top. I am not going to be so bold as to say my Jets are going to kick the Bears asses but I am hoping for a competative game. I think if we can play smart and not turn the ball over we have a chance. was hoping we could get them in a overlook game since we come between the Giants and the Pats but our win last week may have made them take notice of us.:D

As a Bear fan, I'm a bit nervous about the Jets game. I'm not hoping for a competitive game - the blowouts are much more enjoyable; however, I'm expecting a VERY good game.

Yea, not many rookies come out looking very stellar at QB. They ended up switching off to New Orleans game down here that was so ugly.

I was watching the game with my buddy who is a Pats fan. Uncomfortable :(. He did just get a new 60" HD tv though. Very nice!

Anyone got a score update?

I should have started Maroney, this was the first good game he's had in a while. Gotta say, I'm shocked the game wasn't closer.

What's the extent of Favre's injury? Is the streak in danger?

Haven't heard. The way he was holding it I figured it was certainly serious. But then he was tossing some on the side. Funny, the way he was playing before that happened I was almost hoping that they'd toss the rook in there. Yea, that didn't help much...

Rodgers isn't a rook, he's either second or third year. What's up with him refusing to answer questions after the game, though? That ain't cool, you've got to stand up and be accountable whether it's 35-0 or 0-35.

Now you Favre haters can understand why Brett Favre is the only hope they have. Rodgers just doesn't have it.

I heard on Fox sports that Favre's injury is a stinger--some soreness and numbness but he "should" play next week. Thank God. Rodgers was awful.

Guys....check out where I'm watching my football now....most of the room is completed. The next things to copmplete are to put up the green blinds, hang some more memorabilia and paint some lines on the floor....

This is 20+ years of collecting and ideas finally coming to fruition. The Packer games are now played in surround sound on a 100 inch HD screen. It is so amazing. Obviously the camera/flash isn't doing the screen justice, but you can imagine....

636-shrine1.jpg

636-shrine2.jpg

636-shrine3.jpg

636-shrine4.jpg

Sounds like the kind of injury that he can't really fight though; you can either grip the football or you can't.

My only complaint about the Favre thing was that he strung them along so long with his "I'm probably retiring, nah, I'm not" thing that they couldn't go after Drew Brees (whose success in New Orleans has not been a surprise at all, he's always been underrated), or draft Matt Leinhart.

Current scores with tonight's games and the MNF game to go...

Town Drunks 54
The Dude Abides 25

Scrotum Puppies II 51
more_Bruschi 54

NY Athletic Jews 34
Loose Cannons 16

NY Goombahs 23
D'Bricks 21

Desert Gnats 20
Drunken Sailors 38

Skull Splitters 52
win14thegipper 70

Angry Pirates 56
Really Rottens 56

My eyes!!!!! I'm blind!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!! Too much yellow and green!!!!!!! :D

rdwj said:
Alright - ONE point from Tiki tomorrow and I have my first win in quite a while

I need points from Tiki in another league so I hope you beat me! :cross:
I know if he plays he'll get at least one point so I may as well root for a big game so I can win my other game!

the_bird said:
Rodgers isn't a rook, he's either second or third year. What's up with him refusing to answer questions after the game, though? That ain't cool, you've got to stand up and be accountable whether it's 35-0 or 0-35.

Well, supposedly he was hurt, that is probably the reason. Rumor is he is done for the year with a broken foot.

Dude said:
Well, supposedly he was hurt, that is probably the reason. Rumor is he is done for the year with a broken foot.

No longer a rumor.

Aaron Rodgers placed on IR

I think this is a good thing for everyone involved. It looks as though Favre will be around another year and this broken foot will almost certainly hurt Rodgers' development.

yes.... keep on postponing the rebuilding process! muahahahaha!!!!!! muahahahaha!!!!! ::cough:: ::cough:: muahaha! :D

Oh yea, when I said he was a rook; I knew he was in his 2nd year but from playing experience, he's a rook.

Man do the gnats suck.

rdwj said:
Bird - what's the Bears / Pats bet?

Make me an offer. Is there a line yet?

Do you bottle or keg? I like homebrew bets, we can do what Walker and I did; winner gets three, loser gets one. If you don't bottle, local micros (stuff I can't get around here) would suffice.

the_bird said:
Make me an offer. Is there a line yet?

Do you bottle or keg? I like homebrew bets, we can do what Walker and I did; winner gets three, loser gets one. If you don't bottle, local micros (stuff I can't get around here) would suffice.

Ya, I'm a kegger - have yet to bottle even one beer.

I don't think there is a line, but I'm guessing that the Pats will be favored.

Back