can I open a bottle of Utopias and not finish it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no experience with Utopias (would love to), but if you read through the thread you quoted, people have mentioned pouring a cordial (2oz) so I would say you would be ok to open several times.

Nope. You have to chug it all at once. :cross:

But first, you have to figure out how to poke a hole in the bottom without breaking your key.

Given it's alcoholic content, I expect it to store like a Single Malt Scotch rather than a beer but who knows. Maybe some oxidation might be good.

BBC recommends about a 4 oz serving size, so I'm guessing that you'll be fine toopen and reseal it multiple times.

not drink the whole thing. This is just crazy talk. That beer........is like a man sentenced to death and you opening it is like setting him free. Set him free my friend, set him free.:D

Why don't you just cellar it and crack it open on a special occasion (new years, perhaps?) that way you can enjoy the brew and kill the bottle in the same night without worrying about storage of the unused portion. Also, it'll give you something to look back on.

I think you should devote an evening to drinking the whole thing, and start a thread with your running commentary as you get drunker and drunker ........

Latest posts

Back