BACON floavored beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was flipping through one of my brew books today and ran across the "goat's scrotum ale", which looks to be a basic porter style beer with whatever flavor you want to add....this was right after breakfast and I remembered I have a bacon flavored syrup from world market place in the cupboard....who else thinks this might be an awesome or god-awful idea? a bacon porter?

There's probably hundreds of threads on bacon beer on here. Just like there are commercial bacon beers out there. No big deal. If you want to make them, I would start by looking at those threads labeled bacon beer, in the similar threads box below.

You can also infuse bourbon with bacon as I show in this thread, and add that to the beer, for example to make a bacon bourbon stout....even more points if you cure your own bacon...extra credit if you make it a maple bacon bourbon. ;)

you ,sir, are nuts. and I love it. that is an amazing thread. I go to an Asian market all the time and see the pork belly, but what to do with it? I've contemplated the whole meat processing thing too, being a deer and (soon to be) feral pig hunter in NC (if only I had taken an interest in deer hunting the first 18 yrs of my life while living in Wisconsin). I will need to follow up on the punk link you've posted as well.

Back