CO2 manifold with check valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo brewer

Reaction score
I just bought a 4 valve manifold from keg connection. The website says "check valves" but they are actually shut off valves.

Do you need a combination of check valve and shut-off valve on the CO2 manifolds, or just a shut-off valve?

I would think a check valve would be a nice feature.

I'm pretty sure that the shut-off valves have an integrated check valve built into them.

Thats what I expected. I blew both directions with the valve open - they are not check valves.
I called Keg Connection this morning and they confirmed they are just shut-off valves.

His Web site says they are Check Valves. What is he going to do about it?

He said he would talk to someone about changing the website description. The valves also do not have the same red vinyl on the levers like the website picture. He (did not get name) said the ones I got are "better" valves.

My question is... Should I connect my system with shut-off only valve or should I request combination check/shut-off valves? Keg connection gets good reviews here and I won't complain if shut-off valves are the standard for this application.

All my shut-off valves have check valves. I would recommend using them at least on the manifold, or whatever is closest in-line to your keg, to prevent beer from getting sucked back through the system if you accidentally connect to a highly pressurized keg.

Just got off the phone with Todd at keg connection.

They switched valve suppliers a month ago. Their combo check/ball valves look identical to their ball valves and their supplier did the ole switcheroo.

I'm sending mine back for a replacement.

Back