Making Moscato wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Hello...I am thinking about ordering the Alexanders Muscat juice concentrate to make a batch of Moscato wine. I read a forum where after making the wine, the guy carbonated it to turn it from Moscato to Moscato D'Asti which is really what im looking for. However, I have only make wine from Winexpert kits which have included step by step instructions. I am not sure when to add the necessary chemicals or what I will need. Anyone have a good recipe to follow? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Hello...I am thinking about ordering the Alexanders Muscat juice concentrate to make a batch of Moscato wine. I read a forum where after making the wine, the guy carbonated it to turn it from Moscato to Moscato D'Asti which is really what im looking for. However, I have only make wine from Winexpert kits which have included step by step instructions. I am not sure when to add the necessary chemicals or what I will need. Anyone have a good recipe to follow? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Actually, if you have kept the instructions from your winexpert kit, they make a great guid for doing a non-kit wine.

Ok so I bought the Moscato WE kit. I have read some articles that say that you may want to spike the sugar content before force carbonating. Will I still want to do this using the WE kit? The kit also says to wait a month before drinking so do I want to age the wine in the carboy for a month and then force carbonate or should I force carbonate then age a month? Thanks!

I would reccomend making the kit 'as is' the first time around. That way you have a basis for comparison when you tweek the next one.

Also, I would age it, then carb. :)

Back