What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1314693368.jpg

So good!

Currently drinking the most disappointing home brew I've ever made. But it'll get you drunk. Cheers!

Awesome! Very happy you're enjoying it. I got worried when I couldn't find Ghandi-bot but based on past experience with Resin I figured I wouldn't be steering you wrong with it. Right now, I'm drinking their IPA, Bengali Tiger. It's good, but I'll take Resin over it any day.

Yeah, can't go wrong with Resin apparently. Very tasty IIPA.

Alternating between Schlafly Pilsner and Hefeweizen went for sessionable tonight. Ill probably enjoy a nice cigar later.

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA- think I got a fresher bottle than the one I had a long while ago,I like it better now than then, pretty shure the first was an older/aged bottle of it.

Told ya, it's bomb in the can!!

Oh, and have I thanked you for this yet?

View attachment 88549

We harvested last night, when I get the clone down, you will be one of the first to get some in the mail! :mug:

Can't wait! AFAIK that would be the first first successful Heady clone, so I am rooting for y'all to nail it. In other news, you're about to be super jealous. I am drinking Porcine Unidragon; it's Blaecorn Unidragon brewed with beechwood smoked malt and aged in bourbon barrels. Delicious and chewy! :ban:

Attachments

• 20121214_220507.jpg
    20121214_220507.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 112
Hanging with some Hoes on a Friday night.

It's Battle Corriander / Battle la Belgique. Two epic bottle conditioned noveau Belgium bogth featuring corriander and unique yeast character.

We have Hoegaarden. Smooth, corporate, balanced, crisp. So easy to love and hate. Then on the other side, we have New Belgium Trippel. Hippy, green, independent, phenolic, life out of balance.

The winner: Hoegaarden. Wonderfuly balanced.

The New Belgium Trippel just misses the mark. Not like it's a bad beer overall. And at $7 for a 6 pack of 7.8% beer, you get your money's worth. It, like all New Belgium beers I've tried, totally lacks balance. This horribly peppery yeast they use just sucks. No fruity, no nice sweet pils notes, just a cheapo two row feel to it. Too peppery, overblown corriander. I tried their IPA too. Awful. The hop bitterness pairs with the peppery yeast about as well as ketchup pairs with wedding cake.

2012-12-14 21.00.56.jpg

Brooklyn brewery Monster ale...
First barleywine of the winter, its finally cold and raining in san diego..

ForumRunner_20121214_192713.png

nukebrewer said:
I am drinking Porcine Unidragon; it's Blaecorn Unidragon brewed with beechwood smoked malt and aged in bourbon barrels. Delicious and chewy! :ban:

Now you've given me another reason to check the beer store. I finally got my hands on a Genghis Pecan, cant wait to try it. I recently tried a Tramp Stamp and was very impressed. Haven't seen that one yet so I'll keep my eyes out.

My Dickens Cider.... I love that name lmao. Its a Apple-tart cherry-honey cider, cyser technically. My first attempt at a Zombie Killer clone and its pretty close. I think more honey in the next batch and it will be damn near a perfect clone. Either way its really good.

Back