British beer (bottled) recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianbrews

Reaction score
Hey folks,

This isn't exactly a homebrew question, but I am a homebrewer and, despite my lack of posts, have been reading these forums a lot over the past couple years and have come to trust the opinions of you homebrewers on all things beer-related, so there.

A friend of mine is currently in London, and before she left, I gave her a few of my homebrews to give to the guys hosting her. In return, she said she'd bring back a few bottles of British beer for me.

Thing is, I don't know much about British beer, except the typical English bitter, nor have I drunk much, except the one ESB you find here (Fuller's). So I was hoping you all, especially the Brits/Londoners out there, could give me some suggestions. She'll probably bring back 3 bottles, and here's what I'm looking to get:

- all 3 different styles
- preferably traditional styles and/or ones that really define British beer
- something that's difficult to find outside London/Britain/Europe
- something that's not too difficult to find in London (my friend knows very little about beer to begin with)

Thanks!

Brian

P.S. You don't need to limit your reply to 3 beers... give me your top 3, 5, 10, whatever.

Back