Regulator Chck Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wronguy

Reaction score
I don't see any check valves on that regulator set up. All I see is just a regulator with lines, but it's hard to tell on those pictures.

Nice set up!!!!!!

Hi,

I recently bought a cornelius regulator and was wondering if anybody knows if this would already have check valves installed on it or if there was any way to tell?

Also does anyone know where I could buy check valves that would screw into the regulator?

here is a link to the ebay ad with photos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...DlAZxG8%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Most beverage gas regulators have check valves integral to the output fitting. It's easy to check, just unscrew one and shake it. It's a ball valve. If not, here is a link for regulator check valves.

Thanks Everybody, I love how quickly I get answers that have been racking my brain.

Question, judging by the pictures do you think that the regulator has a standard co2 fitting. I don't have the regulator yet, but would like to pick up a tank from Norwood fire extinguisher in Etobicoke and wanted to know if I should be asking for anything special?

Thanks in advanced

The only thing I see you could possibly need is a new oring for the tank. While you're picking up the tank you can ask for a spare. They'll usually give you one when you get a tank fill.

B

All of the Cornelius regulators I have gotten used have had check valves built in to the flare fitting. Look inside the flare fitting and see if there is a ball inside, it's spring loaded.

Back