Bud Light Lime

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
Okay, I'm embarrassed. I actually like this beer. Plus, I brewed today so I'm kind of tuned up as well. It's cheap, it's not filling, and I can drink it all day at my block party. I don't pick up cases of it regularly, but I do get it when I'm having company or when having a block party. I've been so ANTI-BMC for years, but this one brew is finding its way into my fridge more often when I'm low and need to just hang out all day. It's not a replacement for my homebrew or my favorite crafts, but it's a sweet, cheap, quick buy when company is coming in the summer. It'll NEVER beat a good Dopplebock or Belgian, but does ANYBODY else here like this too?

If gnome doesn't like it, then I do :D

I'll drink Bud Light 'till the cows come home, but don't ever buy BLL. No reason, really.

I swear it's good. I HATE giving away homebrews in bulk because most people don't appreciate the time and effort that goes into making it. I gladly share BLL though.

I hear ya. My stupid brother gave one of my IPA's to a guy one time. He said "oh my god, this tastes like **** - hey can I have one of those bud lights?"

Someone in our group brought a 17 pack or whatever they come in camping last weekend. I was all WTF?! Then I had one. As long as you approach it like a Garden Burger (its not a replacement), they are pretty tasty. Very nice when its hot.
Cover it up and tell yourself its a Sprite with booze in it.

Bud light lime saved my life at panama city spring break this year. 5 days of binge drinking with my friends some of which are still in college. Not exactly the setting to buy craft beer. Everyone was buying cases of keystone and Busch. I convinced some of the guys to spend an extra $2 a case and just get bud light lime. Needless to say i've yet to have any bmc since then.

People have been drinking lager and lime in Britain (A dash of lime cordial) for the last 357,573 years. Those people come in two categories.
A) Folk who don't really like beer
B) Womenz

;)

I had one a few months ago and it was like a lime soda. Not too bad IMO.
I haven't gone to the extreme of buying one yet, but one of these days I may.

Now I do like all BMC type beers as much as I like my own brew, well except for a PU clone I'm finishing off and the SNPA clone I will replace it with.

To sweet for my taste, but to each his own. I have tried Big Rock Lime and I prefer that to Bud Light Lime (if I had to choose a lime beer).

I didn't like it, and don't like lite beers in general, but I have no problem with the regular versions of BMC beers. Michelob is hard to find for me, but good, and regular Budweiser on tap is always good with pizza, wings, or a burger.

People have been drinking lager and lime in Britain (A dash of lime cordial) for the last 357,573 years. Those people come in two categories.
A) Folk who don't really like beer
B) Womenz

;)

I think that, like the Shandy, B should read: Old Ladiez.

I don't understand why, if you like lime in your beer, you don't buy some and put them in. Fresh is going to be better. Plus, then you can't pick any cheap-ass middle of the road Pilsner to put it in, and you don't have to buy BL.

as a member of several forums i am hesitant to revive an old thread but this one was just too good. I have never been able to stomach commercial lagers and light lagers. I learned to drink beer via craft and homebrew and have never bought cheap beer...until i tried a BLL. Seriously, go buy a six pack and then do you favorite laborious activity: something serious like cut down a tree from top to bottom, complete a triathlon, do something your wife constantly tells you to do but you dread, etc; then sit down and drink the whole thing. Glorious.

Seriously someone should come up with an amazing lager-lime recipe

as a member of several forums i am hesitant to revive an old thread but this one was just too good. I have never been able to stomach commercial lagers and light lagers. I learned to drink beer via craft and homebrew and have never bought cheap beer...until i tried a BLL. Seriously, go buy a six pack and then do you favorite laborious activity: something serious like cut down a tree from top to bottom, complete a triathlon, do something your wife constantly tells you to do but you dread, etc; then sit down and drink the whole thing. Glorious.

Seriously someone should come up with an amazing lager-lime recipe

I guess my problem is that I never cut a tree down top to bottom or ran a triathlon. :D

Good beer for sure. It is the only beer that I drink these days...That is until my first home brew is done on Super Bowl Sunday, then I may never buy any of those commercial beers again!!

I think I am turning into a Beer Snob

Latest posts

Back