GRABASS lunch this week (Raleigh, NC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Can we all sneak out tonight for a few hours, maybe hit the Bass Lake Draft House on Holly Springs Rd.? They (allegedly) have 32 tap handles and could possibly have a football game on the big screen

I might be able to do that. I'll talk to SWMBO and get back to you ASAP.

Sweet- that place is only about 7 miles from where we are staying.

What time are you thinking?

Tonight 9 PM
Bass Lake Draft House
Corner of Bass Lake Rd. & Holly Springs Rd.
Holly Springs, NC

It's a pretty sweet place for a beer, and the meat loaf is awesome. It's only about 5 minutes from my house, but most likely I'll miss you guys as I'm spending every cent of my political capital on going to the race in Charlotte tomorrow. But we shall see...the night is young...

Baron von BeeGee said:
It's a pretty sweet place for a beer, and the meat loaf is awesome. It's only about 5 minutes from my house, but most likely I'll miss you guys as I'm spending every cent of my political capital on going to the race in Charlotte tomorrow. But we shall see...the night is young...

If you can make it, that would be cool.

I'm heading out of my house in a few minutes. Mapquest says I have 5.06 miles to go.

-walker

Damn, I totally missed out on this. :(

Just put the kids to bed, and online for the first time since lunch. Sigh.

32 taps, huh? And football, and meatloaf?! Say it aint so! Grrr...

well........ let's see how this evening ends. you might be glad you missed it.

The last I saw of Truble and his buddy was their rental car pulled over on the side of Holly Springs road with a cop's flashing red and blue lights behind them.

No joke.

We all had a few pints... I just hope they they did not have TOO many pints.

-walker

Back at the hotel safe and sound- many thanks to Boston and his lovely SWMBO as the cop could not bust us but would not let us drive away. We hitched a ride and will pick up the rent a wreck in the morning.

It was a very interesting experience, as we were only going as fast as the car in front of us, but that was a little fast. We got pinched, and he was unwilling to let us continue since we had a couple.

I did get a nice speeding ticket to grace my otherwise perfect driving record. In MA, you should understand that this will cost me a couple hundred each year for the next couple years. oh well-nobody hurt, nobody in jail, and still had a GREAT night with the GRABASS crew.

Truble said:
nobody hurt, nobody in jail, and still had a GREAT night with the GRABASS crew.

It's not a proper GRABASS night unless the cops or national guard get involved.

glad all turned out like it did.

see you tomorrow!

-walker

The Virginia guys caused us no problems last weekend. You're with us 4 freakin' hours and the police are involved!

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
The Virginia guys caused us no problems last weekend. You're with us 4 freakin' hours and the police are involved!

I guess that means the VA guys have some catching up to do.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
The Avery IPA on tap was outstanding!

I may try to clone it: http://www.averybrewing.com/BigBeers/docs/indiaPaleAle

Nice!! Well, I think Walker guessed columbus and you guessed Simcoe, so you were not that far off. Grainbill is pretty straightforward, jus a matter of getting the hop schedule right.

That was a really good beer. I forgot to ask the cop if he ever had it:cross:

I apologized profusely to Beth, she just shrugged it off saying, "These things happen." She's cool with it.
Anyway, we're good for tonight. I was thinking steaks on the grill, lots 'o homebrew and maybe watch a football game (Florida-Auburn or Michigan-Penn St.)
All you GRABASS guys are welcome to come over.

Holy crap! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Nothing like almost getting a DUI while on a business trip. :cross:

no kidding. he was almost going to let us go, then asked if we had anyone in the area to call-GRABASS to the rescue. He was cool about it, and was actually chatting with us until Boston showed up.

Got up a 6am this morning and took a ride over to get the rental, and was at work by 8am.

todd_k said:
Holy crap! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Nothing like almost getting a DUI while on a business trip. :cross:

Truly. If Truble had spent the night in jail he would have learned a whole new meaning to the word GRABASS

Truble said:
no kidding. he was almost going to let us go, then asked if we had anyone in the area to call-GRABASS to the rescue. He was cool about it, and was actually chatting with us until Boston showed up.

Got up a 6am this morning and took a ride over to get the rental, and was at work by 8am.

WOW...glad everything worked out okay for you guys!

First of all, glad everything worked out okay for the Boston boys. That would have really really sucked had things gone bad. Having picked up my brother from the magistrates office a couple of times in the wee hours of the morning I'm glad to know there are some lenient cops out there!
BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Anyway, we're good for tonight. I was thinking steaks on the grill, lots 'o homebrew and maybe watch a football game (Florida-Auburn or Michigan-Penn St.)
All you GRABASS guys are welcome to come over.
Peeling out for Charlotte in about an hour...look for me in turn 4 during commercials of the football game. I'll be the guy nodding off.

Guys- we are having a little bit of a meltdown here at work, so I am not sure what time I am going to be getting out of here, but it won't be for a while. I will post back when i have more details.

FYI I bought a six of Avery IPA yesterday and it is just as delicious out of the bottle as it is on tap. Expensive ($9) but well worth it. Also bought a six of Shipyard IPA just for the hell of it. Any takers on a taste test this afternoon?

It's funny what pops up at the bottom in the similar threads window. I've heard this story before, but it's even better to see the folks involved talk about it!

We should do lunch again sometime, although I work with people so I can't drink. Stupid people...

Yeah, but I work in a doctor's office. For the most part, alcohol and health care don't mix. Unless we are talking about self-medication, then it's all good!

Back