IPAa 90 min and such

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEPABREWER

Reaction score
ok ok I tasted my first DFH 90 Minute and I like. Its hoppy, but not too hoppy or bitter as it is rounded of by some malty sweetness and a great carmel flavor or something. How do I recreate something like this or something better for all you DFH haters, PS i don't like overly hoppy beers but this one was nicely rounded and complex with MAD flava. Thoughts

I'm a newbie, so I have no idea how to recreate that.

But, where did you find DFH in NEPA? I always have to go to Jersey:mad: for specialty beers because none of the distributors carry anything but BMC (and Yuengling). I'd also imagine a whole case of that would be mighty expensive. Is there a local bar or deli that sells some good six packs?

Lately a company called Joe's Beerman Warehouse or something has been buying old "distributors" properties and renovating them inside and out to give them a clean, bright and cheery appeal (mass appeal) they stock the locations with a 100% improved selection of beers over what used to be there. Yes they even have DFH. There is a place in Scranton called A&A that has always carried the largest and most impressive selection of import, micro etc. beers that I am familiar with in PA, but sadly they only sell by the case.
The bar only has 90 min and people are actually coming there just for it? F#$%in crazy if you ask me. I don't understand liquor sales and distribution etc. I would buy retail for what the bars mark up to anyway Im sure a profit could be realized.

You can find DFH continuous hopping schedules around. I know the NB forum has some clone recipes. Not sure how close they are.

Back