Getting back into home brewing - need a new supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermethree

Reaction score
Hi All - I am just getting back into home brewing after a few years break. I generally purchased all my supplies (half-mash, extract, yeast, etc.) from St. Pat's in Texas. It appears that they do more equipment now, than mash and extracts. Also, my two local back-up sources went out of business. Any recommendations on good value outlet to get supplies?

Since I don't have any place locally, I get most of my supplies from austinhomebrew.com. I found a few other online suppliers, too, that I really like: northernbrewer.com, morebeer.com and midwestbrewing.com.

I've ordered mostly from AHS, but Northern Brewer has an awesome catologue. both have flat rate shipping, so the costs are very similar.

I've made purchases from AHS and monsterbrew.com, both offer flat rate shipping. AHS has way more stuff and they really know their beer!

I have been getting a lot of stuff from midwest, but austin has some VERY interesting looking kits, like their Dos Equis Amber clone (which I have been looking for).

When i lived in Tulsa i always used High Gravity. When i moved i didn't have a 'local' place anymore so i kept using them. They are very easy to deal with, especially if you get Dave.

Prices have always seemed fair to me for most things, though i admittedly haven't looked around too much. They are running a free shipping special right now if you get their newsletter, PM me if you need the passcode for the shipping.

Again, very approachable and easy to deal with, which is very nice if you are new at this like i am and have lots of questions.

Midwest, Austin HBS, and Northern Brewer have all treated me right. Midwest and Northern Brewer have catalogs for throne reading material, which is always a plus! :D

Latest posts

Back