Question (Really a Comment) for the veteran brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a n00b and new to the forum, and yet I'm already frustrated by the incredible number of repetitive questions of: "Help. I killed my beer."

Even more so than the frustration, is the admiration of the veterans who continue to walk us n00b's through the pressures of the first beer.

maybe the patience earned through all your brewing experience translates well to your patience for us n00bs!

hats off to you guys (and gals) :mug:

Ya I was truely impressed with the.. understanding of the more senior members of this forum. It's been a great resource to me so far, hence why I opted to upgrade my membership.

I've probably even been one of those newbs asking repetative questions, I do try to search a little first ;)

Well, I've been around a couple of years now, and my first question here was one of those "repetitive" questions, too. But.....those with some more experience patiently told me that it didn't matter that the rubber grommet fell into the bucket, and that no airlock activity didn't mean there was no fermentation taking place.

I liked the way I was treated, so I stayed around! Because of this forum, I went from "Help did I kill my extract beer?" to making some competition worthy all-grain beers.

Glad we could help! :rockin:

Thanks. So what's your question?

oops. Never did get to the question, did I? :drunk: The question was: how do you do it?(continue to provide quality advice over and over and over without snapping and saying "SEARCH BUTTON"!!!!!)

thx for fixing the title BierMuncher ...

Unlike most forums the veterans are here not to boast how smart they are but to help others.

They truly enjoy watching other new brewers find their footing.

Other forums veterans seem to get a "mine is better then yours" attitude and with beer IT'S ALL GOOD!!

I too want to thank them!

In fact I will - Thank you.

Unlike most forums the veterans are here not to boast how smart they are but to help others.

They truly enjoy watching other new brewers find their footing.

Other forums veterans seem to get a "mine is better then yours" attitude and with beer IT'S ALL GOOD!!

I too want to thank them!

In fact I will - Thank you.

You are welcome. Brew on! :rockin:

Unlike most forums the veterans are here not to boast how smart they are but to help others. They truly enjoy watching other new brewers find their footing.

+1 to this... and a large reason why I became a supporter of this site. Great to be somewhere that building yourself up doesn't involve tearing someone else down.
:mug:

How do we do it without snapping? Simple, we ignore the question & someone in a better mood answers. The real trick on any forum is keeping the flamers out & the mods have done a great job there.

I drink a lot:D...and send pm's to certain other members who let me vent to them...then I go back and erase what I was going to write and answer the actual question....

I drink a lot:D...and send pm's to certain other members who let me vent to them...then I go back and erase what I was going to write and answer the actual question....

Sometimes:D
Seriously - to all the other noobs - I've said it before and I'll say it again - Always, and I mean always, listen to Revvy

Back