How Forums Work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Several follow up posts about "Is my light bulb ruined?" (it burned out)

A "green" person to comment that the new compact flourescents are cheaper in the long run by using less energy and last longer than incandescent bulbs.

Let me know when the Hitler and Nazi talk starts, so I can come back and lock the thread! :D

Well, George W. isn't the brightest bulb. And I hate Nazi's, but they did have some cool leather coats in all the old films.
I would also have to add at least 2 people posting about the dangerous gases in those new fangled "lamps", and then a grand debate on the green impact of disposing of them. Then 10 or so complaining about the extra cost.
Myself, I just use my TV as light while I pour some homebrew.

5 to argue why incandescent are better than fluorescent, 8 to argue the contrary, and 1 know it all to say the Edison had it right all along.

Ize

And 1 to talk about a lightbulb zombie!!!

I think I'm gonna like you, n00b :mug:

Zombified.jpg

:D

I was preparing to zombify this thread myself. Damn.

One post to point out that posting about light bulbs discriminates against the blind minority that can not see light, or afford light bulbs.

How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

me too. stupid character limit

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

The light on my PC is dim, but my resources say I still have 2.2MBs of RAM...do I need more RAM or another bulb?

Please reply before dark...that's usually when the Nazi Zombies start to roam in my neighborhood...Thx.

12 to bash the mass-production light bulb manufacturers for their bland, piss-colored light, noting that there are plenty of full-spectrum bulbs out there and that the American people have been duped into believing that bland piss-light is the only kind of light.

2 to reply that the mass-production bulb manufacturers are just giving the people what they want, and that even bland light is still good enough to read with.

MY LIGHTBULB ISN'T LIT (e.g wort isn't bubbling). IS IT DEAD?

cue the Revvy response: "trust your lightswitch (e.g. hydrometer)."

1 forum member to create Youtube video on the proper technique to change light bulbs!

10 responses to video that using one's right hand is better than left hand.

Then thread get locks for left vs. right hander bashing

Changing lightbulbs is a hobby. Quantifying the number of people or measuring the labor involved in any way doen't make sense even though people do it for a living.

[waiting for someone to post the BJCP style guidelines for light bulbs]

Duh, of course that would be;

[youtube]n7rbtPXVo0Q[/youtube]

A. Lite American Lager

Aroma: Little to no malt aroma, although it can be grainy, sweet or corn-like if present. Hop aroma may range from none to a light, spicy or floral hop presence. Low levels of yeast character (green apples, DMS, or fruitiness) are optional but acceptable. No diacetyl.

Appearance: Very pale straw to medium yellow color. White, frothy head seldom persists. Very clear.

Flavor: Crisp and dry flavor with some low levels of sweetness. Hop flavor ranges from none to low levels. Hop bitterness at low level. Balance may vary from slightly malty to slightly bitter, but is relatively close to even. High levels of carbonation may provide a slight acidity or dry "sting" No diacetyl. No fruitiness.

Mouthfeel: Very light body from use of a high percentage of adjuncts such as rice or corn. Very highly carbonated with slight carbonic bite on the tongue. May seem watery.

Overall Impression: Very refreshing and thirst quenching.

Comments: A lower gravity and lower calorie beer than standard international lagers. Strong flavors are a fault. Designed to appeal to the broadest range of the general public as possible.

Ingredients: Two- or six-row barley with high percentage (up to 40%) of rice or corn as adjuncts.
Vital Statistics:
OG FG IBUs SRM ABV
1.030 - 1.040 0.998 - 1.008 8 - 12 2 - 3 3.2 - 4.2%

Commercial Examples: Miller Lite, Bud Light, Coors Light, Amstel Light

Back