THE perfect food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
fresh expertly made chili.....frozen (please someone correct me) frozen crinkle fries, cooked to perfection... sour cream, melted cheddar cheese, fresh sliced red jalapenos, what could be better?????

ForumRunner_20121007_180643.jpg

fresh expertly made chili.....frozen (please someone correct me) frozen crinkle fries, cooked to perfection... sour cream, melted cheddar cheese, fresh sliced red jalapenos, what could be better?????

Raw oysters, opened and slurped down. Or, oysters on the half shell, on the grill sprinkled with lemon juice. Much better than anything with cheese on it!

Fair enough Yooper! But sometimes it is the moment.

Though I would generally take the oysters over chili pie, in that moment, nothing would have tasted better!!!

Dear Lord it was good!

If you like oysters on the grill, give an oyster roast a try. Throw a metal plate over an open fire to heat up. Soak a burlap sack in water/seawater or beer. Wash off the oysters, throw them on the plate and cover them with the sack. Let them steam until the shells start to open and then grab a beer and start shucking and eating. Cooking over an open fire gives them a little smokey flavor. Best thing you could have with beer. I have had tons of oysters from being from New England but picked this up from a couple of festivals down in South Carolina. I'll never forget the first time picking up a bag of 25lb oysters right off from the boat and hitting the beach.

TheDudeLebowski said:
If you like oysters on the grill, give an oyster roast a try. Throw a metal plate over an open fire to heat up. Soak a burlap sack in water/seawater or beer. Wash off the oysters, throw them on the plate and cover them with the sack. Let them steam until the shells start to open and then grab a beer and start shucking and eating. Cooking over an open fire gives them a little smokey flavor. Best thing you could have with beer. I have had tons of oysters from being from New England but picked this up from a couple of festivals down in South Carolina. I'll never forget the first time picking up a bag of 25lb oysters right off from the boat and hitting the beach.

sounds awesome brother!!

sounds awesome brother!!

sorry to derail your thread! The chili/fries comb seems great, but I don't like cheese so I had to rule it out. Everything else sounds awesome, though!

But I have seafood on the mind really bad! Crabcakes, shrimp kebobs, fresh oysters, lobster dripping in butter. It's too bad I'm landlocked and miles away from any coast!

sorry to derail your thread! The chili/fries comb seems great, but I don't like cheese so I had to rule it out. Everything else sounds awesome, though!

But I have seafood on the mind really bad! Crabcakes, shrimp kebobs, fresh oysters, lobster dripping in butter. It's too bad I'm landlocked and miles away from any coast!

Bacon wrapped scallops, skewered & grilled, brushed with dark sesame/garlic oil. Grilled salmon with fresh lemon & dill. Steamed clams (by the bucketful!). Baked catfish (with hushpuppies). Crab stuffed mushrooms. I gotta stop, I'm making myself hungry!
Regards, GF. :mug:

We like to make our own cinci chilli with all kinds of hot peppers over spaghetti with sour cream & shredded cheese. I also do a lobster based clam bake in the bbq pit with lobster,red taters,corn,mussels,lil knecks,shrimp & scallops with clam juice & a woody chardonnay...

With you! LOVE seafood, landlocked. No worries! Turning into a GOOD thread!

(Don't like cheese...........does.....not......compute......;))

My local sushi shop makes a tuna poke (po-K) that is UNREAL.

Always down for a spicy crab, shrimp, oyster boil or steam!

Raw oysters, opened and slurped down. Or, oysters on the half shell, on the grill sprinkled with lemon juice. Much better than anything with cheese on it!

Went to Florida recently and hit a joint with a $5 dozen Oyster happy hour. Amazing! They offered oysters on the half shell with nearly a half dozen variations on sauces (Southern, Russian, Japanese, etc...)

And had Bells Two Hearted on tap!

I was a happy, happy man.

Our perfect food is anything caught fresh from the ocean, prepared in almost any number of ways served with fresh pasta and homemade parmesan alfredo sauce (I can't eat processed tomatoes).

One half of your post I agreed so heartily... and then the second half dropped me like a sack of potatoes :cross:.

One half of your post I agreed so heartily... and then the second half dropped me like a sack of potatoes :cross:.

Sorry! I just don't like dairy products, although I can choke down plain yogurt (and that's good on gyros). I don't like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. Sorry to disappoint you!

My grandmother's (RIP) stuffed artichokes. Bread crumbs, parm, pepperoni, salami... in an onion and beefstock steaming liquid that becomes a dipping sauce.

1.5 hours of heaven.

Sorry! I just don't like dairy products, although I can choke down plain yogurt (and that's good on gyros). I don't like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. Sorry to disappoint you!

Well just SEE if my wife and I invite you to our cheese shop if/when we ever open it! Humpf! :fro:

what did you mean by expert? are you the expert? cause i'm always looking for new chili recipes!!!!!!!

its really not fair to post pics of delicious stuff without a recipe!!!

Artichokes eh?

Boiled to firm texture, served with a spicy yellow curry seasoned mayo. My kids can't get enough.

Ive got a new contender.

1 dozen FRESH sardines, cleaned but heads still on

Dredging powder

AP flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 packet Sazon Goya
kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste

Dredge your sardines in the powder (no egg needed) and deep fry in a pot of vegetable oil. Remove to paper towel when super crispy. Salt with a little more kosher salt.

Serve by mounding up on a plate. Provide a fork to wussies. Serve with a quadruple slice of fresh bread and a large mug of beer of your choice.

~Note: The heads just taste like crunchy salt and spices. Eat these to freak out those around you, SWMBO in particular.

Ive got a new contender.

Dredging powder

AP flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 packet Sazon Goya

Dredge your sardines in the powder (no egg needed) and deep fry in a pot of vegetable oil. Remove to paper towel when super crispy. Salt with a little more kosher salt.

Serve by mounding up on a plate. Provide a fork to wussies. Serve with a quadruple slice of fresh bread and a large mug of beer of your choice.

~Note: The heads just taste like crunchy salt and spices. Eat these to freak out those around you, SWMBO in particular.

That's what we would do with Smelt when I was growing up in Michigan. We do that with Hooligan here in Alaska.

CreamyGoodness said:
Ive got a new contender.

Dredging powder

AP flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 packet Sazon Goya

Doing this tonight thanks.

Good I had to eat it all the wife was not having it haha which is fine More for me.

Almost like popcorn

home made taco shells, fresh ground beef, fresh avocado, black olives, sour cream, sharp cheddar.
(toaster oven rack makes a great taco holder!)

ForumRunner_20121104_135525.jpg

Back