Paulaner Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillBeer247

Reaction score
Saw this in the stores today, i dont know if its new or i just never noticed it before but they are now selling in 1liter cans inside a liter glass. Was $9.99 for the combo at the store
03_oktoberfestbier_togo_zoom.jpg

This is not a new brew, and has been available for many years in Munich in and around Oktoberfest. I enjoyed 13l of this in the Paulaner Armbrustschützenzelt (Crossbow Tent) and the 2008 Munich Weisen (Oktoberfest), and can heartily recommend it!

Drank one yesterday. It taste exactly like the one at the real oktoberfest in Munich.

Now I'm trying to clone it, but it's realy hard to find the exact recipe since the company seems to sell 2 differents beer with the same name (one for europe and one for america).

The government store had them this year. I wish they would sell them without the glass because the beer is awesome enough to be sold on its own. ...in terms of recipe, its a little different than what is classified as an Oktoberfest by BJCP. Maybe start with a Helles and bump the gravity up?

Drank one yesterday. It taste exactly like the one at the real oktoberfest in Munich.

Now I'm trying to clone it, but it's realy hard to find the exact recipe since the company seems to sell 2 differents beer with the same name (one for europe and one for america).

http://www.fermentarium.com/homebrewing/how-to-make-marzen/

In Germany, bier intended for foreign markets is called "Export". The usual difference with Export is that it's lower ABV than the bier intended for the German market, usually to meet the laws of the importing jurisdictions. In Germany, ABV in bier is not regulated but most of it is around 5,5%. Anything that ends with "ator" is doppelbock, and is usually 7,5% or higher - Terminator, Celebrator, Perminator, Alligator, you name it.

Back