Anyone have success with citra?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Omg it's impossible to get citra right now. So hey maybe I'll just grow some next year. This is my second year growing other varieties so got hop growiig basics down. Any thing I should know about how citra hops do?

Citra is a proprietary hop variety that is not available to grow. Looks like you'll have to stakeout a hop farm and dig up some rhizomes if you want them.

My LHBS always has Citra so I have no worries on my end. I've used Citra with Amarillo and Simcoe twice with great results. I love Citra!

Citra, amarillo, simcoe etc are all proprietary. the only way to get a rhizome is to raid a hop field somewhere or wait until the patent expires.

I used the New Posts tab and didn't realize this was in the Hop Growing section. Disregard my previous post.

I've been sitting on 4 oz in the freezer deciding what I want to do with it this summer. Never used it before and likely won't use all of it in one brew. I'm open to ideas for some summer/lawn cutting brew.

Wait a second, I just had an idea. There is some good genetic material in the hops that you can buy, so lets clone them. It'll be like Jurassic Park - Hops Edition. Cloning hops has to be easier than cloning dinosaurs. And if the cloning project goes awry we'll just make beer, and not get eaten by raptors.

Latest posts

Back