Savannah's aka The Dublin Underground In Albany NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to know. I used to walk past there every day when I was working downtown. Have to stop in and check it out. Other than being an Irish themed bar what type of crowd does it get? The Bayou Cafe farther down on Pearl St has a real good selection but the crowd is a bit too young for me.

During lunch and after work its a professional crowd of all ages. 25-55. Everyone fits in. After 8pm it changes themes to which ever live band is playing. Last night it was hardcore, other nights it could pop or acoustic. Check it out...

I'm just wondering how Irish it is, being a dubliner, the tune on the main page is the most famous piece of Scottish bagpipe music ever......Dublin is in Ireland right?

Scotland the brave is the name of the tune....

Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm just wondering how Irish it is, being a dubliner, the tune on the main page is the most famous piece of Scottish bagpipe music ever......Dublin is in Ireland right?

Yeah, it's not all that Irish...They have a floating demographic, and it works for them. Being so close to the Nick/Pepsi/TUC, they need to accommadate a diverse crowd. Like I said, the theme changes constantly, a business model that works great for the owners. (Joe and Pete)

That was my first thought when I clicked on the link. WTF?

Latest posts

Back