Yooper - this thread's for you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PavlovsCat

Reaction score
Knowing that you're a big Redwings fan, what will you be drinking for the finals? Or will you be at the game drinking commercial swill? On every other occasion I usually support the Wings, but being from Pittsburgh originally and learning to play hockey trying to emulate the Penguins players, I have to go with Pittsburgh on this one. Should be a great series. I'm having my stalwart hockey friends over, cooking some brats on the grill (steeped in beer of course - probably a weizen) and offering up samples of everything I've brewed so far. (I always hold some back). Then it's someone else's turn for the rest of the series.

Lets Go Pens!

Being from the burgh and a season ticket holder for the Pens everytime I see that avatar it makes me wonder "what kind of person would root for the wings? Oh well at least Yooper likes good beer." :fro:

It is going to be a great series! This post-season ranks up there as one of the best in recent hockey history! :rockin:

P.S. Hossa = traitor :mad:

Well, I'm out at my cottage with no TV and only dial-up internet for tomorrow's game so I'll be trying to get updates via you guys!

I have my "plain old American IPA" to drink. It's young, but it's tasty and it'll go great with a Red Wings victory. I have one Bell's Hopslam left in the fridge, to celebrate with (or to cry into) after the game.

I think this series will be great! Crosby and Malkin are exciting to watch and they'll really pour it on for the Wings defense. I hope Datsyuk and Lidstrom can play- the Wings really need them!

Where I live, I don't have Versus available, so I've seen very few play off games, and will miss those games this week. It sounds like I might only see a couple of games, unless the series goes 6 or 7 games (and I think it will).

Sorry to tell all you Wings fans (Yooper), but Marian Hossa has doomed Detroit's cup bid this year. I hope the Pen's use him as a Zamboni!:D

Yooper, It looks like you're a real fan. How can you not be with the avater. I'm back here in NJ and we follow the Devils. Wasn't our year. We still watch all of the games even after the Devs have been eliminated. We have a bunch of Devs stuff from when my daughter dated a guy whose aunt worked in their office and she still has it in her room. She'll take it when she and SO move into a house.

We're fighting about who we want to win but having a good time.

Finally, I would like to say THANKS! for all of you contributions to this forum. I've learned a ton from them.

Well, I wussied out and came home. It's supposed to be 27 degrees, and it's already quite cold and windy. So, I'm home in my nice warm home, awaiting the game. The cottage is nice with a fire in the fireplace, but home is good too, since the Wings game will be televised on a channel I get!

So, who's with me? A beer or three, and root for the Wings!

I hate hockey as much as I hate basketball... but it is the Pens and all so I'm watching.

A Stanley Cup would go nice with a Vince Lombardi Trophy! GO PITTSBURGH!

Yooper if you can connect to NBC the are game casting so they said. one to one end of 1st

Yooper if you can connect to NBC the are game casting so they said. one to one end of 1st

Yep, here at home I can get NBC, so I got to watch the game last night, and of course again tonight.

I really thought the Penguins outplayed the Wings in the first two periods. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a different story than last night. I don't think the Wings will get 2 lucky goals, and the Penguins will take this one tonight.

Being a Blackhawks fan I hope both these teams beat the snot out of each other. . . just kidding!

I think it will be a close series, if yesterday's game is any indication.

So Yoop, where is your cottage? Or is it really a Yooper camp?

We live in Gladstone, but our camp is in Ishpeming. The Black River Falls Fire happened about a mile north of camp and continued in that direction. Feel bad for those people, but we are very relieved camp was not touched.

So Yoop, where is your cottage? Or is it really a Yooper camp?

We live in Gladstone, but our camp is in Ishpeming. The Black River Falls Fire happened about a mile north of camp and continued in that direction. Feel bad for those people, but we are very relieved camp was not touched.

The cottage is 12 miles west of Iron River, about 15 minutes from our house. It's not really a camp, but it's not a fancy cottage either! It is just a plain place on a quiet lake. Nothing fancy at all.

If you ever get over this way, there's always good beer there.

Back