Temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalisi

Reaction score
I finally got tired of trying to keep my fermentors within temp with wet towels and other manual processes so I hopped on CL and found a fridge/freezer within 3 miles for a decent price. My question is I'm looking at getting the love tss2-2100 do I need two separate temp prob's or will one work. Also which prob would be appropriate for this application. Seems like the pvc would be fine.

You only need one probe. The PVC is just fine.

This is the cheapest supplier I am aware of.

Dwyer Instruments - Series TSS2

Check out my sig line and the side-by-side thread. I shown how to set up the controller in there and also have a link to a programming and wiring thread for the controller.

Does this come with a temp probe ?

Boerderij_Kabouter - I actually looked through your tread before I posted. Good stuff and thanks for the info. Are you using a space heater for heat?

I don't have a side-by-side and hope to keep the freezer running to store hops and what nots... I think I can tie into the fridge part and control it with the love at least that's my plan until I start working on it.

Yes, I use the space heater for heating inside the chamber. It also has a fan built in so it really helps maintain even temps in there (at least best I can tell).

So you are going to have a freezer, and try to control the temp within the fridge section?

How do you plan to do it? These units only have one compressor, unless you are buying a high end sub zero or something. They work by cooling the freezer compartment and venting cold air to the fridge. So if your fridge section is at 60 degrees, the freezer will probably be pretty warm... Make sure you think it all through before dropping the cash. If you have any questions, fire away!

I was afraid of that. I didn't have any idea until I started to dissect the thing. I guess you wouldn't think they would be putting in two compressors.. Good catch.

I'm guessing the top will be wasted space then unless I do a little surgery.

hmmm..... you will have to get creative with a solution then. I'll try to think of something. Maybe some muffin fans and flapper valves for controlling the cooling air entering the fridge space??? It could work, but I could envision that system being complicated.

The customer service at Dwyer is great. I have two TSS2 controllers and I've a a couple call to the technicians about setting the paramiters and they are very helpfull. So far the controllers work great.

Back