Cookout and Home Brew big success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkroger

Reaction score
Had a BBQ yesterday to celebrate completing Chemotherapy and getting a good report on my PET scan "No Definite evidence of active tumor" :D Very happy for that! Had a bunch of friends and family over had 3 home brews in Kegs an American Light Ale, a German Weizen, and an Irish Red Ale as well as a Keg of Home Made Rootbeer, The light beer went over fairly well but my irish red went best floated the keg I think there is about a half inch left in the bottom of the keg! The American Light is a real close second and the Weizen bringing up the rear with a nearly full keg :( not that I am surprised I was disappointed in it as well used regular dry ale yeast in it and should have used Weizen yeast... :( Oh well chalk that one up to bug spray!
Well I guess I need to brew up some more beer.
Thats me on the right in the beer shirt, you can see my brew kegs behind me
Homebrew%20fest%202005.jpg

Some of the food Boiled crawfish as well I had 4 slabs of Ribs two briskets all lovingly prepared by me! burgers and brats too. :D
Crawfish.jpg

Congratulations on at least three counts then !

As for the weizen, it's down to you to let us know how the cask tastes as you work your way through it over the next few weeks

It's all PMA from here !

80/-

Im drinking a Weiss beer as i write this (not homebrewed unfortunately) ;-) Just like to say concrats on the scan, and judging from the pictures, you know how to enjoy life!!!! Roy (UK)

Awesome news on all counts, man. Glad to hear the test results. Kick that stuff's ass so hard it'll never want to come back!!! I'll raise a pint to that.

Glad to hear the beer went over well, too. We can convert the non-believers, one at a time........:D

Thanks for all the kind words! Appreciate the sentiment is not lost!

Nope did not boil them in beer! that would be wasteful!

Just water and Boiling spices had the Mudbugs flown in from Louisiana
They arrived the friday before Katrina! Lucky Mudbugs ;)

Reccommend Louisiana Crawfish company for all your crawfish needs!
I think my next beer is going to be a Warsteiner cloan from a recipe I picked up here! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Back