Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcvay131

Reaction score
Would I be able to put my sugar in my batch and mix it really well before bottling or do I have to add suger to every bottle.

Most people make a priming solution of corn sugar and water and bring it to a boil. Then pour it into the bottom of your bottling bucket and rack your beer over it, being careful not to aerate it. Let your racking tube lay on the bottom and swirl as it fills. You can gently stir when the bottling bucket is full, but again, you don't want to aerate your beer before you bottle it. It's much easier this way than trying to measure exact amounts into every bottle in my opinion.

Yes you can add the sugar to the beer before bottling. I heat up a bottle of water and mix the sugar In. Let cool add to the bottom of the bottling bucket and siphon In your beer so it swirls the beer while filling . That will mix the sugar with the beer

Just curious cause I'm gonna make a make **** blow off tube seeing how I just woke up to this.

image-2241833317.jpg

image-1030470877.jpg

Back