Best online dealer for ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBIV

Reaction score
Coming from the guy who posted something about supporting your LHBS a couple weeks back, I need some help buying online.

Last week I moved to rural New Hampshire. (Even more rural than New Hampshire already is.) There is no LHBS anywhere near me, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to start relying on the Internet.

The upside to moving so far out of the way is I'll be able to brew a lot. And I mean a lot. I just ... don't have ingredients.

Here's what I'm looking for from an online dealer, and it's moreso grains than hops:

1) Fairly fast shipping. I don't need it the next day, but I'd love to be able to get grains within a week without paying through my nose.

2) Buy grains in ounces, not just pounds. This would just be convenient for me.

3) Option for MILLED grains. This seems to be something that every online dealer does, but regardless it's important.

I'd love to hear what you guys think is the best online dealer that fits these needs.

I appreciate it. Thanks!

ritebrew.com for grains.

If you want hops in bulk I would recommend Fresh hops or hops direct for lbs and farmhousebrewsupply for 4oz bags.

For shipping Look for an online dealer that is as close to ou as possible. I live about 80 mles from More Beer and use them because when I order I can take the free shipping and it gets to me 1 day after they ship. For you living on the east coast it would take days. Other than that from what I can see each of the big online stores have some products they are cheaper on and some that are more expensive. I think it is a push and shipping makes the difference.

If you are going to be brewing ALOT. Id take an annual or semi annual trip to a LHBS and get bulk base malt and a bunch of different specialty grains that are usual suspects for what styles you typically brew. Also, some yeast to farm.

Then fill the holes online. Obviously hops don't weigh much and buying good quantities of them isn't shipping cost prohibitive.

Brewmaster's Warehouse meets all of your criteria

You can build your recipes and save them. Shipping is $6.99

I shop often at brewmasterswarehouse.com. They are closer to you than to me, and I always got my stuff FAST. They have flat rate shipping as well, so no surprises with shipping cost.

I also buy a lot from northernbrewer.com. I don't know if they sell by the ounce, though.

I also buy from austinhomebrew.com. I like their prices and the flat rate shipping, but sometimes it takes longer to get items.

I have also purchased from Midwest, Rebel Brewer, Morebeer, and a few other places that escape me now. I didn't have anything bad happen, but nothing stands out as "great" either off of the top of my head.

Brewmaster's gives 10% off off recipes that you buy if you enter use code BBBYO

(BTW, I am not connected with them in any way, I just like their prices and service)

I live about 30 minutes from the 2 homebrew shops in this area.
So for me it's an hour drive per round trip. There seems to always be something that I need that they do NOT have in stock. Real PIA.

An hour drive combined with a sometimes hit and miss inventory shifted me to Austin Homebrew Supply.

There isn't much that they don't have and with flat rate shipping and competitive prices it just makes it less expensive for me considering he current cost of gas and the time involved.

Order today and it goes out usually the next day. They sell in smaller increments and will put the grains together (crushed or uncrushed ) into a single grain bill if you desire.

OMO

bosco

I like shopping with NB because I'm an all grain brewer who doesn't have a grain mill and NB grinds grain for free now. (They used to charge .15 a pound )

Rebel brewer all the way. They have an excellent product selection, offer milled grains, and fast shipping. They have base malts that are significantly cheaper than other sites. The only negative is no flat rate shipping. However there prices are low enough that it almost always makes up the difference and then some.

Back