• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for blichmann 10 gallon boilermaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have one i'm looking to sell. are you going to use it as a mash tun or boil kettle? mine has a false bottom.

That's a huge difference in size.

Yes, it is. My wife is in her last year of an electrical engineering degree and needed a project. So I jumped at the chance to have her build me an all electric, automated brew rig. (I know, I'm a lucky guy). Anyways, I have two keggles right now and was needing a third for the mash tun. With all the overtime at work, I had her talked into the 20 and a false bottom. Been keeping an eye out for a used one for a while, and just about given up when I saw this thread. It should work ok for 10 gallon batches, shouldn't it? I mean I see 10 gallon Gott coolers on here all the time being used for ten gallon batches. Tell me if I'm wrong, or will I be disappointed by not holding out for the 20?

I mash 10 gallon batches in my 10 gallon cooler, but 1.050 is about the biggest 10 gallon batch I can make. I would hold out for a 20 gallon or at least a 15. Sorry if I have interfered with the sale but I would hate for you to be disappointed, and it seems like there is plenty of other interest

Wow, thanks for the info wncbrewer. Stouts and Porters are my favorite styles, so a ten gallon would almost restrict me to 5 gallon batches. Just looking to move to all grain and getting so antsy, but I don't want to settle. Anteater looks to be a lot closer to you anyways, so its fine with me if he buys it. Sorry for the run around Eastoak, and thanks to everyone for the advice.

i have to run out to the dentist this morning but when i get back i'll post pictures and the price, which i'm still debating a bit since shipping can be a killer on these things.

Sorry I'm getting back to the thread so late eastoak. I'm looking to use as a MT. I would also like the false bottom. Is it still available?

Back