who has a dog who likes BEER??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIZZLE

Reaction score
And let us no what kind of dog and a picture of him or her.

I do American bulldog

ForumRunner_20130319_205822.jpg

american bulldog, umm thats a pitbull. I have a brindle pitbull and she looooooves beer. She knows when ive had too many and always stays close waiting for the inevitable spill.

100_0705.jpg

and yes , shes surfing. this is a really old pic, shes 8 now and her surfin days are over

My dog does not like beer at all, every time I offer her some she gives it a sniff and walks away, same with wine. Now my sister's dog is a completely different story, she loves every type of spirit I've offered.

I have no pics but my brother in law has a beautiful Alaskan husky thay will try her best to take your Newcastle from you if you happen to be drinking it around her. yes she even knows the difference between two diff beers. lol

thanks nizzle, sometimes i call my dog a staffordshire terrier as code if im talkin to a pitbull hating dog racist person, so i thought you might callin your dog by its fancy name in case those people were on here. nice looking american bulldog man :mug: you dont see many american bulldogs up north here

thanks nizzle, sometimes i call my dog a staffordshire terrier as code if im talkin to a pitbull hating dog racist person, so i thought you might callin your dog by its fancy name in case those people were on here. nice looking american bulldog man :mug: you dont see many american bulldogs up north here
thanks
ya all dogs are cool and most people don't know what a american bulldog look like.:D

Ellie(black) will drink all the beer you give her. Gus(white) isn't a fan. I only give her small amounts when I give her any at all, I know their livers aren't the best at processing the stuff. She's a big girl so I imagine a small amount won't hurt her.

image-406994152.jpg

I used to have a pitbull that I would call Staffordshire Terrier too. Just to avoid the haters. But, nice American bull in the OP.

My dog loves the smell of wort cooking but he won't try to drink my beer. Today while I was brewing, he was sitting there sniffing the air with his eyes closed, looked like he was loving life.

Here he is, riding with me on the 4-wheeler with his ears flapping in the wind, on the back of the recliner trying to look tough, and looking over his shoulder to see what he missed. He loves brew day and closely watches every step like he is trying to learn something. His name is Mister Utley, named after Jimmy Buffett's keyboardist, but we usually just call him Mister. A Jack Russell terrier.

mister_4wheeling3.jpg

mister2.jpg

mydogmister.jpg

I used to have a pitbull that I would call Staffordshire Terrier too. Just to avoid the haters. But, nice American bull in the OP.

My dog loves the smell of wort cooking but he won't try to drink my beer. Today while I was brewing, he was sitting there sniffing the air with his eyes closed, looked like he was loving life.

Here he is, riding with me on the 4-wheeler with his ears flapping in the wind, on the back of the recliner trying to look tough, and looking over his shoulder to see what he missed. He loves brew day and closely watches every step like he is trying to learn something. His name is Mister Utley, named after Jimmy Buffett's keyboardist, but we usually just call him Mister. A Jack Russell terrier.

Nice. in my opinion a dog will never let you down that is why he loves brew day.

The (unconfirmed) story in my family is that the next door neighbor in the 70s had a beer-loving beagle. According to my great aunt his owner would set out three bowls each day. Food, water, and beer.

I think it would be hilarious to give beer to my dogs and see them get drunk, but I have heard it's pretty bad for them, so I find other ways to have them entertain me. My Yellow lab loves to come out to the garage when I brew beer. Then she sneaks off to dig up the "tootsie rolls" my cats have hidden around the property...

Hello, Just an FYI, do Not give your dog beer, hops are toxic to dogs just like chocolate is, and do Not give your dogs IPAs whatever you do, I asked our vet about giving our dog spent grain dog treats and she said NO.

I also use to give our dog beer, until speaking with our vet.

Cheers :mug:

My dog The Gambler (English Pointer) loves booze. It doesn't matter if it's beer or liquor. Anytime I'm drinking in the backyard I have to keep an eye on him, he will steal whatever you're drinking if you don't watch him. And he'll sit and stare at you with that look of "are you going to give me some" until you give him some. Then he'll run off and chase birds. I know it's not "safe" to give your dogs alcohol, but is it really "safe" to give it to ourselves? It's not like he gets drunk, he just has a few sips. Here he is drinking my Old Grandad and Coke. The other dog, Chopper (Jack Russel Terrier) doesn't like booze at all.

120.jpg

Hello, Just an FYI, do Not give your dog beer, hops are toxic to dogs just like chocolate is, and do Not give your dogs IPAs whatever you do, I asked our vet about giving our dog spent grain dog treats and she said NO.

I also use to give our dog beer, until speaking with our vet.

Hops, maybe. But what is your vet's rationale for no spent grain treats?

My dog The Gambler (English Pointer) loves booze. It doesn't matter if it's beer or liquor. Anytime I'm drinking in the backyard I have to keep an eye on him, he will steal whatever you're drinking if you don't watch him. And he'll sit and stare at you with that look of "are you going to give me some" until you give him some. Then he'll run off and chase birds. I know it's not "safe" to give your dogs alcohol, but is it really "safe" to give it to ourselves? It's not like he gets drunk, he just has a few sips. Here he is drinking my Old Grandad and Coke. The other dog, Chopper (Jack Russel Terrier) doesn't like booze at all.

Love it man great picture. My dog does the same thing until you give her some and yes if you aren't looking she will steal you drink:)

But doesnt the spent grain get removed from the process post-sparge and before the boil, meaning that the hops simply havent entered the equation yet?

Hey I don't care, vets orders are vets orders and the health of the dog is paramount... I was just making sure there wasnt a procedure I wasnt aware of yet.

They contain hop residue/saturation in them.

Never had hops mixed in my spent grain either. You should tell your vet they should study up on that one, before offering incorrect advise.

I have never had a dog that would drink beer, even though a couple would eat anything that I ate. One of my dogs would go nuts if i was eating a orange until I have her a wedge. Another would go crazy for Hot Fries, then his mouth would get hot, and he would rub his face on the carpet and groan until the head went away, then beg for more.

When I was younger we had a chocolate lab that loved beer. One night the tap froze so my dad had the line open trying to thaw it. He went upstairs for a bit and came down to a floor full of beer. The dog standing right in the middle lapping it up. There was probably a half gallon at least on the floor. Lived till she was 12 almost 13

Whiskey my pit lab mix loves beer. When ever I am pulling a pint from my keg he always licks the few drops that fall. Licks any spilt wort when I am brewing. I would post a pic but I am at work right now.

We've a Chihuahua that loves beer. When I drink on the sofa, she will come sit by me. Then on me. Then lick the bottom of my glass every time I take a sip. If I sit it down and let her, she'll stick her head in and lap it up. She'd drink a whole glass, I'm sure. But we only let her have a few laps at the end or a splash in a bowl.

Our other dog, allegedly also a Chihuahua, is indifferent. He'll lave a lap if it's in a bowl. I think just because the other one does.

We've also a cat that will try some every time and that's totally just because I have it.

A couple who are friends of ours have a dog named Buddy, an old golden retriever. His favorite hobby is knocking over beers while their band is jamming away in the basement and slurping them up.

I'm afraid I wasn't there for this story, but I heard it second hand and can picture it. After a Saturday night/Sunday morning jam session, the whole house was awoken Sunday morning by Buddy's barking in the basement. Opening the basement door they found Buddy, too drunk to climb the stairs, leaning against a wall needing to go out and pee.

He did not pee on the floor, apparently. I don't envy the person who had to carry Buddy up the stairs while he had the spins.

Zul are your brews usually hop-intensive? Just out of curiosity. If I remember correctly (and its very possible I am not) you arent big on the hop bombs.

A couple who are friends of ours have a dog named Buddy, an old golden retriever. His favorite hobby is knocking over beers while their band is jamming away in the basement and slurping them up.

I'm afraid I wasn't there for this story, but I heard it second hand and can picture it. After a Saturday night/Sunday morning jam session, the whole house was awoken Sunday morning by Buddy's barking in the basement. Opening the basement door they found Buddy, too drunk to climb the stairs, leaning against a wall needing to go out and pee.

He did not pee on the floor, apparently. I don't envy the person who had to carry Buddy up the stairs while he had the spins.

daaawwww

Back