Where are you at INDIANA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom is from elletsville. Nothing like some pizza pantry fried mushrooms. I get some every time im down there

Bloomington here. I've been using Butler winery to get all my ingredients and supplies. Great people, all home brewers themselves. I think their selection has room for improvement, but their online list let's you plan in advance too in case you need to order online.

I am just starting in Bloomington as well! Even though I will be moving up to the north side of Indianapolis soon after Graduation in May. The Tap Room is a new bar in Bloomington on the West side of the square and is great! They boast over 500 different kinds of beer!

Campbellsburg here. No good beer here except my basement. I either drive 40 mins to New Albany or 1 hr to Bloomington for breweries

roger617 said:
Sitting at The Tap right now! Awesome place to try new beers. Anyone else in the rewards program here?

I'm actually going to do the rewards program the next time I am in there. Drink 500 kinds of beer? Challenge Accepted.

Crown Point , IN here... Newbie but I am a 31 yr. old Local 597 Pipefitter/Controls Tech with a nearly completed Brutus 10 clone that I built. Never brewed a batch but wanted to build a state of the art AG single tier home brewery to keep me occupied this winter.

Lookin for an experienced brewer to help me with a batch in exchange for welding, cash, beer, or whatever. Heated garage with stick/TIG welding equipment and a safe, warm space to brew in the winter... Hell I wouldn't mind if you wanted to brew your own 10-15 gallon batch as long as I can watch and learn!

image-2094396909.jpg

image-3128649086.jpg

image-4152807689.jpg

image-3712733513.jpg

Jeffersonville here as well...best brew in Indiana has already been mentioned...however if you want to make the trip to Louisville they have BBC, and Against The Grain is awesome...they have new beer on their board every week!

IUBrew said:
I'm actually going to do the rewards program the next time I am in there. Drink 500 kinds of beer? Challenge Accepted.

I am currently 35 in, only 15 away from that 1st T-shirt! Haha

Clarksville here. Not far from New Albanian, and a few decent places just across the bridge in Louisville.

I'm brewing in Indy's Broad Ripple neighborhood. Ditto on Great Fermentations being a great local shop.

Love the beer scene around here. It's really been growing over the last 5 years or so. Proud of all our Indy brewers. Bier Brewery, Fountain Square Brewery, Triton Brewery, Flat 12 Brewery & of course, Sun King! The pubs do their thing too at Brugge, Broad Ripple Brewpub, 3 Wise Men. Plus we have the Upland Tasting Room on College Ave. & The Aristocrat nearby which has recently reopened with 60 beer lines of fine crafts.

See you guys at Winterfest in a few weeks!

no longer in indiana, but ive got friends brewing all over the state. lived in muncie for awhile, still have friends that tend bar at the Herot. Another friend has a great bar down the street called Savages. im lived in Ft. Wayne as well, but was young and pretty much only drank pbr at the brass rail back in the early 90s. kinda miss indiana.

Beech Grove here.
Get all my stuff at Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply in Fountain Sq. Walked in a few days after they opened in Jan, 2011 and never looked back.
Lakedawgs

Not yet. One of our club members is an assistant brewer there, he has been loving it.
Hope to make it by soon.

Quick drive-by to say "Howdy" to Indiana brewers... I moved here from Colorado a few months ago.

In Muncie, have a pretty basic home-brew set-up, but holler if you are in the area. Also an avid recreational shooter, so if you're of a mind to go to the range for some target practice followed by some beers, I can be talked into it.

Lastly, looking for an IT job. If you know of any around...

Im in Frankfort, Little Town between Lafayette and Indy. +1 for Great Fermentations. only LHBS ive been to, but they've had everything that i've needed and them some. Just started brewing so excited to learn and experience as much as i can

Good morning,
I am From New Haven..shares the eastern border of Ft. Wayne.
Just started brewing in January.

Quick drive-by to say "Howdy" to Indiana brewers... I moved here from Colorado a few months ago.

In Muncie, have a pretty basic home-brew set-up, but holler if you are in the area. Also an avid recreational shooter, so if you're of a mind to go to the range for some target practice followed by some beers, I can be talked into it.

Lastly, looking for an IT job. If you know of any around...

why on earth would you move to Muncie? lived there for years. alot of great beer in that town tho. Savages, the hereot, and the fickle peach are all great bars down town.

why on earth would you move to Muncie? lived there for years. alot of great beer in that town tho. Savages, the hereot, and the fickle peach are all great bars down town.

Needed to be close to family.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to still be living in Colorado. But a man does what a man must for family.

Way I figure, Colorado mountains have been there for 55 million years or so. Pretty good odds they'll be there in another 10. If they aren't, we've got bigger concerns.

Needed to be close to family.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to still be living in Colorado. But a man does what a man must for family.

Way I figure, Colorado mountains have been there for 55 million years or so. Pretty good odds they'll be there in another 10. If they aren't, we've got bigger concerns.

good logic. ive got alot of friends in muncie still. i wish like hell they would move out so i wouldnt have to go there to vist. haha. i enjoyed my time in muncie tho. 5 years or so i think.

I'm in Ellettsville. Just switched to All Grain. Get most of my stuff from Tuxedo park. Got my keg setup from them before they opened up at fountain square.

Paoli; think I am the only one for miles. Long run to brewshops and brewclubs. Take your pick..... about an hour each way. Bloomington or Jasper. I'm in the middle of nowhere. :mad:

Moggers is cool.

Schnitzelbank is cool.

You talking about the restaurant in Jasper? Yeah it's cool if you love German food. I'd rather spend another 25 minutes and drive to Louisville to like BBC or drive 15 minutes less and hit Upland. But yeah Schnitzelbach is pretty cool, awesome if you are into some authentic German cuisine.

Plainfield here. Small town but there is 2 brewpubs. 3 pints and Black swan. I highly recommend Black swan. Ive never had a bad beer there. 3 pints is ok. Only been there a few times. Me and wife tried a sampler of all there brews one day and 3 tasted EXACTLY the same. They were VERY peppery like someone put way to much coriander in the beginning of the boil. But did like a few. After the great visits to Black swan we just never went back to 3 pints. I should try them again.

I shop at Tuxedo Park downtown Indy, they have always been very helpfull. Great people and hold free brew class's on Saturdays for new beginners. I highly recommend checking them out.

Damn, 5 years later.....I guess Indiana showed up! Still giving props to Great Fermentations. Drinking a nicely aged cider watching the IU game. Go Hoosiers.

Back