Forgot spices for Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaldApe

Reaction score
I realized after my 10 gallon batch of Wit was already in 2 fermenters (a carboy and a plastic bucket) that I had completely forgotten to add the spices at flameout. :0

I put the spices in a couple of quarts of water on the stove and brought it to a boil for a few minutes. Since whatever went into the carboy would have to go through a funnel, I poured off the liquid from the pan into the carboy through a sanitized funnel. I then dumped the wet spices into the plastic bucket. I'm planning on switching it to another bucket in a couple of days so it won't sit on the spices too long.

Any comments?

I would have split the spiced water between the two fermenters, but either way you've done the best that you can at this point.
It should be fine. Time will tell.
I'm betting that you can tell the difference in the two flavors and will be able to give the correct answer to the next guy.

Back