Sandy pics, mastic beach, ny long island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khugs21

Reaction score
Some pictures of what's going on around my area

image-870423124.jpg

image-4144408504.jpg

image-55190740.jpg

image-4131752545.jpg

image-2279929705.jpg

Yea it's a gas war right now. I have more pics ill be uploading later too. Even of the 2 mile long gas lines.

my family is in Rockaway and are reporting that there is no FEMA and no Red Cross. Are you seeing the same thing in Mastic?

Yes, quite sad.

People in general have a specific period of disbelief and shock after the event. They'll even help out strangers and such.

Then, after a bit of time passes, the reality sets in and **** starts to happen, like we're seeing now.

That's my psych minor that I earned in college talking..... God help everyone there... went through a lesser-but-similar event called hurricane Ike 4 years back...

Yes, quite sad.

People in general have a specific period of disbelief and shock after the event. They'll even help out strangers and such.

Then, after a bit of time passes, the reality sets in and **** starts to happen, like we're seeing now.

That's my psych minor that I earned in college talking..... God help everyone there... went through a lesser-but-similar event called hurricane Ike 4 years back...

I was in The Woodlands for Ike visiting my family. My grandmother was on in-home life support in my parents' house when it hit and we lost power. Thankfully my dad had a generator and we siphoned gas out of his truck to run it until we could get her to another family member's house who had power.

Back