My single tier build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n2fooz: How about a some more pics of that Infinity? Is that a G37? Wheels/brakes/suspension look aftermarket. Does it have a lot of work into it?

n2fooz: How about a some more pics of that Infinity? Is that a G37? Wheels/brakes/suspension look aftermarket. Does it have a lot of work into it?

Thanks. G35 with a bit of work:

Vortech Supercharger
Kinetic SSV Intake Manifold
H&R Coilovers and Sway Bars
Stoptech 6 piston brakes w/slotted rotors
DPE 20in 3-piece wheels
Borla Stainless cat-back exhaust
Impul Body Kit
A/V System

This is when it had the sponsorship stickers on it:
P1000877.jpg

gtrunk2.jpg

You can see more pictures here: www.cmcworld.net

nice stand you got yourself there...envy is not a great look on my but damnit i want it. mine is sort of the same only 1x1x1/8 steel. the burners are the regular bayou classics and i couldnt drive a tank over it.

just out of curiousity...i dont know if it was covered, but i used a mig style welder...actually it was flux core wire instead of using the gas...that looks an awful lot like tig welding...either that or i really do suck at welding.

on a final note, im not sure about wearing out the saw...i havent heard anything like that but since im not a professional i suppose i cannot exactly say one way or the other...what i do know is that i have a craftsman 9'' compound sliding miter saw that is about 20yrs old and has cut all kinds of metal, including all the cutting for my stand...with the help of a 10.00 harbour freight metal blade...and it still works like a champ.

nice stand you got yourself there...envy is not a great look on my but damnit i want it. mine is sort of the same only 1x1x1/8 steel. the burners are the regular bayou classics and i couldnt drive a tank over it.

just out of curiousity...i dont know if it was covered, but i used a mig style welder...actually it was flux core wire instead of using the gas...that looks an awful lot like tig welding...either that or i really do suck at welding.

on a final note, im not sure about wearing out the saw...i havent heard anything like that but since im not a professional i suppose i cannot exactly say one way or the other...what i do know is that i have a craftsman 9'' compound sliding miter saw that is about 20yrs old and has cut all kinds of metal, including all the cutting for my stand...with the help of a 10.00 harbour freight metal blade...and it still works like a champ.

Thanks. I'm by no means a professional welder. It's a MIG with the gas conversion. Trust me, that can make an amateur welder like me look pretty good. Slag, spatter, blow through, crust all pretty much gone due to the shielding gas.
Making little "o" or cursive "e" is the trick to giving it that TIG look.

Sweet. So you were good on the burners? Nice.

I hope one day I can hook bottles up. Man I know your itchin to fire thAt thing up. Grind on.

Subscribed...great looking build so far.

I have been looking at builds for several months now, planning my own and taking ideas from a ton of people.

May I request that when it comes time to mount your burners that you include some up close shots. That is one thing that I haven't figured out yet in my own plans. Cheers...wnc

Subscribed...great looking build so far.

I have been looking at builds for several months now, planning my own and taking ideas from a ton of people.

May I request that when it comes time to mount your burners that you include some up close shots. That is one thing that I haven't figured out yet in my own plans. Cheers...wnc

Thanks.
For mounting the burners, I used the heat shields. I drilled holes for the supplied burner screws at the bottom of the shield and mounted the burner to the shield. I then drilled and tapped (4) 10-32 holes on the 45º gussets. The burner/heat shield assembly is then mounted to the stand with (4) 10-32 stainless steel cap screws and washers.
Brewstand_Burner_mount.jpg

Hope this helped.

That's a super clean looking mount. I like the jig you made for bending the SS.

Only concern I have is where is the burner exhaust going?

Thanks to Sea1961, I'm going to add Stainless spacers at the top to help exhaust and protect the paint.

Here is the cut list so far. I'll add to it as I go but this is a good start
I'm putting this out there but please double check and "dry' fit before welding together.
If you find any mistakes please let me know ASAP:
Brewstand-Cut-list.jpg

BREWSTAND.jpg

n2fooz said:
Thanks.
For mounting the burners, I used the heat shields. I drilled holes for the supplied burner screws at the bottom of the shield and mounted the burner to the shield. I then drilled and tapped (4) 10-32 holes on the 45º gussets. The burner/heat shield assembly is then mounted to the stand with (4) 10-32 stainless steel cap screws and washers.

Hope this helped.

Ok, thanks for the pic, your captions made things incredibly easy.

Also, are you using converted kegs or kettles? A couple discreetly drilled holes in the lower keg skirt could give the gas some place to go if you are going the keggle route. Thanks for providing the dimensions and cut sheet also, very helpful to those of us in the planning phase

The stand-offs can be cantilevered further in and thus eliminating the large diagonal pieces.

Painted and plumbed it this weekend.
The black is 1300º-2000º header paint, silver-blue is 650º engine paint.
I used 1/2" Galvanized pipe to 3/8" copper tube with flare fittings.
Brewstand_17a.jpg

Looks real good.

How did you attach the casters?

I welded gussets and drilled holes for stud mount style castors.
Sorry it's blurry but I cropped it from the original pic. It should be good enough for you to get the idea:

Brewstand-castor-mount.jpg

I actually use a 3D program called Solidworks. I haven't modeled the burners or castors but here is a rendering of the stand:

Brewstand_Render.jpg

I am a SolidWorks user as well... CSWP actually... What kind of work do you do on SW? (besides designing your own brewstands) haha...

I am a SolidWorks user as well... CSWP actually... What kind of work do you do on SW? (besides designing your own brewstands) haha...

I'm a Product Manager and Industrial Designer. Currently, I work mostly on headphones, earbuds.

I thought your name looked familiar. I saw your rendering on this thread and asked what program you were using: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my...0-some-nice-modifications-172927/index32.html

Good to see a fellow SW user.

Sorry man... I did not see your reply to that thread. Yeah, I am on SW2012 and will be heading out to San Diego for SolidWorks World here in a few weeks. I have a little more done to my design, but I want to change some things to reflect the material I have on hand. I need to scrounge up a few pieces of scrap in the yard at work, but I pretty much know what I want to do on my stand (its just in my head) haha...
I work in heavy metal fabrication and use the Weldments tools every day.
I plan to use the conical burners for my stand and want to model some conical wind guards to cut on our plasma table at work...

It's been a little while but I've added the stand-offs. I decided to go with 1/2"x3/4" aluminum bar stock.
Brewstand_18.jpg

Brewstand_19.jpg

I didn't counter-sink the socket head cap screws so that they help prevent the kegs from sliding around.
Brewstand_20.jpg

Looking great, the paint turned out cool. Do you care to put up some photos of your gas manifold and plumbing?

Put the floor in and improved my plumbing. Trying to figure out my pump placement. I also need to figure out where to put my plate chiller.
Brewstand_21.jpg

Brewstand_22.jpg

Brewstand_23.jpg

Brewstand_24.jpg

Brewstand_25.jpg

Looking mighty fine! I like the socket head cap screws placement for holding the Brew pot / kettles from sliding off during a busy brew day! Can't wait to see the finished product...:mug:

Looking mighty fine! I like the socket head cap screws placement for holding the Brew pot / kettles from sliding off during a busy brew day! Can't wait to see the finished product...:mug:

Thanks! Thanks for the idea too.
I can't wait to finish it.

n2fooz said:
I welded gussets and drilled holes for stud mount style castors.
Sorry it's blurry but I cropped it from the original pic. It should be good enough for you to get the idea:

Hey n2fooz,

My build as progressed to the point where I'm looking to attach casters, and I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did.
Couple questions --
- from the picture, it looks like you cut a steel bar to fit, and welded that in, or did you get a larger steel plate and cut it to fit?
- How thick is that piece?
- Confident that it will hold (obviously, but is there any doubt)?
- Is it easy enough to using the locking mechanisim, being mounted that far inside the stand?

These answers will help immensely. Thanks!

Hey n2fooz,

My build as progressed to the point where I'm looking to attach casters, and I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did.
Couple questions --
- from the picture, it looks like you cut a steel bar to fit, and welded that in, or did you get a larger steel plate and cut it to fit?
- How thick is that piece?
- Confident that it will hold (obviously, but is there any doubt)?
- Is it easy enough to using the locking mechanisim, being mounted that far inside the stand?

These answers will help immensely. Thanks!

It was pretty simple. 2in flat bar cut at 45 on each end. Once welded in there is no way they are going to fail.
As far as locking the casters, I have no issues.

n2fooz said:
It was pretty simple. 2in flat bar cut at 45 on each end. Once welded in there is no way they are going to fail.
As far as locking the casters, I have no issues.

Thanks. Do you recall how thick that bar is?

Back