Question about Dry porter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Back a year ago when i worked at a micro brewery before it got shut down, Are brew master always had a new beer that he would do in small batches to get our input. He had one that he made only a few days before we got shut down. I know for a fact it was a dry porter. It was very dark, smooth and had a great taste to it. But it had the strangest smell it smelled just like hotdamn. But yet had no taste of hotdamn. We all thought it was very weird. I never really thought about it until now that im brewing. Any one had a beer like this before. What would cause this smell. I never got the chance to ask him because the IRS shut the place down. Im just bored and figured if anyone knew it would be on this board.

Cool. Then the answser is to add just a hint of cinnamon.

You know, cinnamon schnapps are great in coffee. Better in hot chocolate.

Cool thanks guys, And feedthebear it cant because your old, hotdamn is my moms fav. thing. Its great to have out in the cold. I just thought it was strange because it had no taste of cinnamon when we drank it. Maybe the other flavors just covered it up.

Back