Keg polishing idea - Cameo? - what's yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclejimbay

Reaction score
Keg polishing idea - Cameo? - what's yours?

I recently made an attempt to polish the outside of my corny kegs to give them a quick makeover. They had some left over old sticker adhesive, black marks, and misc gunk on them.

I gave them a good scrub with a yellow kithcen scrubbie and some "Cameo" steel pot/aluminum cleaner.
Cameo® Aluminum & Stainless Steel Cleaner

This worked really well, and gave them a nice easy clean up. I still have some sticker goo on some, I may try to get it off with "goof off" or "goo gone". Then I may re scrub them again with Cameo for a final makeover transformation.

My main goal is to make thme look as nice as possible for a pro look in my glass door front JC fridge and kegorator.

What are some other alternatives that may give me a better results? Steel wool? B-brite? PBX? Oxy clean? I want them shiny clean if possible, please share any other options or experience you may have. Thanks.

its amazing how hard it is to get some stickers off, especially the goo they leave behind.

I use some of that spray label adhesive remover and a razor if needed. I dont polish , They look well enough after the gunk is removed. It only takes about 10 min with that spray.

I used denatured alcohol. I had some left for mixing with the flux to weld on my keggles. It works well and I used a razor to get some old sticker residue. All of the other marks went away. I then washed them with BKF. That's about as polished as their going to get! - Dwain

Back