Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chiseled out the back of the wood and gorilla glued 50 lb magnets in the four corners. I got the magnets at harbor freight. It worked out great!

I'm making Cider not beer so I don't have any kind of head on the pour....
But, I should probably put one on to rest the glasses when I'm pouring or just for that one drip I may get one day.... Lol
I do think they look better with the drip tray.... Anyone know where I can get one that's not so expensive as the ones I've seen normally? I need one that is 10"...

A couple of spots

http://www.barproducts.com/drip-tray-stainless-steel

http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/844246.htm

ForumRunner_20130811_101414.png

Here is a quick pic of my keezer. I used what I could find cheap including a free freezer from Craig's list. I'm very happy how it turned out. All that is missing is putting a keg on the hump with nitro.

THANKS KING! That 2nd link was PERFECT!
Got an iPhone? Grab the app "chess with friends" and play me! It's the best chess app out there! Once you got it pm me for my username :)

Yeah, the thing is my phone has a cord and I'm old. But I still play on a homemade board and hand crafted pieces as shown here with my young son. No electricity, charging, docking, syncing or applications needed. Simply old school.

IMG_2137.jpg

chessking said:
Yeah, the thing is my phone has a cord and I'm old. But I still play on a homemade board and hand crafted pieces as shown here with my young son. No electricity, charging, docking, syncing or applications needed. Simply old school.

Very cool! I am not all tech... Lol
I have a few boards too... One at home, one at work. ;)

Has anyone converted a side by side fridge to a kegerator? My current kegerator is collecting water in the bottom after it was left open one night in a hot humid garage.

Why would water be collecting in the bottom?

I have a newish side by side fridge not being used. Please link me to some pics of a side by side kegerator if anyone has one.

Thanks

Any idea on which of the 470 pages it is on?

Side by side fridges use on average 2-3 time the electricity of a standard fridge. If the fridge was left open for a long time condensation from the humidity in the air will cause a water build up. Another possibility could be that the defrost drain line is clogged.

Has anyone converted a side by side fridge to a kegerator? My current kegerator is collecting water in the bottom after it was left open one night in a hot humid garage.

Why would water be collecting in the bottom?

I have a newish side by side fridge not being used. Please link me to some pics of a side by side kegerator if anyone has one.

Thanks

Here is mine.

It holds eight kegs, with gas going to six, and room for a couple of cases of bottled beer. I used light gauge angle iron for the "freezer" side supports on the upper kegs, and staggered angle iron for the lower supports to accommodate the hump. The bottom back keg is a tight fit but I usually have a keg lagering there.

Two STC 1000"s maintain the temperature. The main is hard wired in place of the factory thermostat, and the temp probe on the "fridge"side. The other STC 1000 has its probe on the "freezer" side, and hooked up to the heat relay. This powers a fan installed in the connecting wall. The 'freezer" side is normally the colder side, so this fan runs whenever the "freezer" side gets too cold, even if the compressor is off. This keeps the two sides within a degree or two. On the "freezer" side there is a built in drain for the defrost cycle, but I have never seen any moisture build up.

The ice maker, door panel, and ice dispenser were removed, and the gas line enters the back where the water line once was.

I am currently using cobra taps, but plan to incorporate proper faucets in the "fridge" side door. I could conceivably serve six kegs at a time but plan to install only three faucets, with the cobra taps moving around inside as needed.

Before you tear up a fridge, be sure to measure the sides. I had another side by side that had a larger freezer space, so the fridge side would only fit three kegs. Also an older fridge is easier to wire up. I'm no sparky, but I have read that newer digital systems are a pain to wire correctly.

IMG_5135 (533x800).jpg

IMG_5125 (533x800).jpg

IMG_5124 (533x800).jpg

IMG_5116 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5134 (800x533).jpg

Here is mine.

It holds eight kegs, with gas going to six, and room for a couple of cases of bottled beer. I used light gauge angle iron for the "freezer" side supports on the upper kegs, and staggered angle iron for the lower supports to accommodate the hump. The bottom back keg is a tight fit but I usually have a keg lagering there.

Two STC 1000"s maintain the temperature. The main is hard wired in place of the factory thermostat, and the temp probe on the "fridge"side. The other STC 1000 has its probe on the "freezer" side, and hooked up to the heat relay. This powers a fan installed in the connecting wall. The 'freezer" side is normally the colder side, so this fan runs whenever the "freezer" side gets too cold, even if the compressor is off. This keeps the two sides within a degree or two. On the "freezer" side there is a built in drain for the defrost cycle, but I have never seen any moisture build up.

The ice maker, door panel, and ice dispenser were removed, and the gas line enters the back where the water line once was.

I am currently using cobra taps, but plan to incorporate proper faucets in the "fridge" side door. I could conceivably serve six kegs at a time but plan to install only three faucets, with the cobra taps moving around inside as needed.

Before you tear up a fridge, be sure to measure the sides. I had another side by side that had a larger freezer space, so the fridge side would only fit three kegs. Also an older fridge is easier to wire up. I'm no sparky, but I have read that newer digital systems are a pain to wire correctly.

This is great, you should write up a thread on it.

This is pretty premature, but I just couldn't wait any longer to share! Here's a picture from test fitting my collar last night.

SzKOQA5.jpg

Fordzilla said:
This is pretty premature, but I just couldn't wait any longer to share! Here's a picture from test fitting my collar last night.

Very nice!

Just finished my kegerator and couldn't wait to show it off! holds four 5 gallon Korny kegs (only have three set up) currently on draught is an american ale (my first true home brew beer!), a cider (another first for me) and carbed water for soda making.

adam 1.jpg

adam 4.jpg

Just finished my kegerator and couldn't wait to show it off! holds four 5 gallon Korny kegs (only have three set up) currently on draught is an american ale (my first true home brew beer!), a cider (another first for me) and carbed water for soda making.

Whats up with the Bud Light in the crisper drawer?

Nice job none the less.

Finished it not too long ago. Made to fit any size mini fridge up too 5cf(Current fridge inside is a converted 4.3 sayno and currently holds 2 corny's and 1 5lb co2). The temp is flawlessly controlled by a Johnson Controls digital thermo. The lines are insulated by one one of a kind "cold shoulder" with a removable box to access the shanks and lines from the back.

40 hours to build.. a lifetime to enjoy!

Enjoy!

DSCN2241.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2242.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

Finished it not too long ago. Made to fit any size mini fridge up too 5cf(Current fridge inside is a converted 4.3 sayno and currently holds 2 corny's and 1 5lb co2). The temp is flawlessly controlled by a Johnson Controls digital thermo. The lines are insulated by one one of a kind "cold shoulder" with a removable box to access the shanks and lines from the back.

40 hours to build.. a lifetime to enjoy!

Enjoy!

Nice! I'm sure more than 40 hours went into that if you consider how well thought out everything is.

IMG_20130903_205434_272.jpg

IMG_20130809_185235.jpg

IMG_20130819_222108_019.jpg

IMG_20130819_222141_880.jpg
Long time coming! First Keezer build, done with a lot of help and research here on HBT! Tons of viewing various other keezer builds to get ideas on style, successes, failures etc.14.4 cu ft May tag, 450-460 at HD. Found on C's list for 275. 3 tap home keg kit from Keg Connection, awesome folks/ customer service, they were like a kegger's hotline! After sorting through a lot of posts, I went with 10 ft. beer lines, carbed at 30 psi for 24 hrs, dropped to 11psi for 36-48 hrs and the first beer from ALL 3 kegs were absolutely perfect pours, and tasted great! BB Witbier, NB's Caribou Slobber and White House Honey Ale!

Still not 100% complete, but it's almost there. Need to wire up the STC-1000 (currently using a second unit outside the freezer), add the drip tray, and break down and buy 2 more 525SS faucets.

FW4KUUu.jpg

Last month someone asked to see a side-by-side conversion. I did mine in June and have tweeked it a bit.

It started like this:

Back