Looking for a pumpkin porter extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMike

Reaction score
Good Morning All:

I'm looking for a Pumpkin Porter extract recipe. Preferrably without any actual pumpkin. I've searched all over and haven't much luck. Thanks.

When I made my pumpkin porter, I used the AHS London Porter extract kit. I twice baked ~60 oz of pumpkin and then added it to the boil for all 60minutes. I can't say for sure that the pumpkin helped bring out the pumpkin flavor, but I did use a fair amount of pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and nutmeg at flameout. The beer turned out wonderful.

There is the Dogfish Head recipe for Punkin Porter in the book Extreme Brewing. The recipe is available in various locations on the interwebz.

HomebrewMTB said:
There is the Dogfish Head recipe for Punkin Porter in the book Extreme Brewing. The recipe is available in various locations on the interwebz.

My wife did this for her first brew last fall, it turned out awesome and was a really easy recipe. The book is full of extract clones of a bunch of popular beers. I do A/G but enjoy doing these every once and a while. Worth the 5$ I paid on amazon for it at the time.

Back