Lest we forget...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's Armistice Day. On Nov 11 at 11:11 AM WWI ended.

America, once again, stole, did I say "stole", I meant "adopted" another celebration day from Europeans and called it Veterans Day.

Yes, I am a Vet with 6 years active service during Viet Nam, 2 Honorable discharges, 1 National Defense medal, 2 Good Conduct Medals. I also have a Civilian Medal from Kosovo.

I currently have over 32 Gov't service and will retire in less than 3 years with 36 years service (turning in over 8 months sick leave to make up the difference).:D ;)

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=armistice+day&spell=1"][/ame]

I had a wonderful Veteran's Day experience last night. For those that haven't figured it out, I'm in the military as well. My squadron sent me to southern California for the night, and I spent the evening in Burbank before driving up to Palmdale/Edwards AFB this morning.

I hardly expected a warm welcome, but as soon as I sat down at the bar at Gordon Biersch (decent craft beer, brewed on site), the guy next to me introduced himself as a Vietnam vet. We thanked each other and toasted those who couldn't be with us. Before I had the chance to buy him another drink, he grabbed the bartender and paid for my dinner and drinks. I tried to turn the deal around and put everything on my tab, but he insisted that I was a guest of Burbank for the evening. I guess SoCal isn't so bad after all!

Here's a toast...

Nice to hear you were well taken care of out here in CA.

No one in uniform, or who I know is/has served pays for stogies on veterans day.

Latest posts

Back