Small Bottles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few smaller cappables. Yeah, ok, everyone here is thinking "Less beer??" No, well, yes... There have been times where I've wanted to use like an 8oz bottle for something stronger than average beer.

Ok, my reasons are lame, and hard to describe, but suffice to say I have not been able to find smaller bottles, and I wonder if anyone knows where some could be found (I'd go for used if i knew where to get them).

The big boys use to make 8 packs of small bottle. As far as I know they still do.

Also some of the imports are only 11oz. compaired to 12 for most domestics.

around Christmas i bought some Coke that was in a small 8oz glass bottle. i thought they would be handy for weekly samples or if a friend wanted to try a homebrew but i didnt want to give up a 16 oz flip top or 22 oz large bottle. i dont see the bottles last time i was at the store, but you might want to check out ebay or something. if you want a picture of what i'm talking about just PM me.

funny side note, i had a friend almost open one of them because i had a stout in there and he thought it was a coke.

I've seen some 250 ml bottles around. Apparently they are still common in Mexico. I think I might start using smaller bottles for meads.

The 11ozers are still bigger than I wanted, but for some of that Apfelwein, I coudl use Coke bottles and not worry about sunlight. Never thought of that. Could also use for beer if I kept it out of the light until ready to drink/give.

I thought for sure someone must make 1/2 size bottles for very strong beer. I remember the first time ever got drunk. First beer of the night was a budweiser little can. Then later a large can of Bud. Then a few Goebel's, interspersed with nips of my friend's old man's Kesslers. That was quite a bit for a young skinny kid!

You know you aren't a real drinker when you can remember EVERY time youve ever gotten drunk.

What about those little coke bottles? I think they are 8 oz... Not exactly cheap, but probably about the size you re looking for.

I still see 6 packs of these regularly...

You could always use champagne splits. I know at the bar I work at we sell Korbel in little 187 ml bottles, and instead of being corked they are capped. They also have the benefit of being dark glass, so you won't have to worry about skunking.

RPMarshall said:
You could always use champagne splits. I know at the bar I work at we sell Korbel in little 187 ml bottles, and instead of being corked they are capped. They also have the benefit of being dark glass, so you won't have to worry about skunking.

Well there's an idea, go to a bar and see if they'll save these empties for you!

Bohemia is sold in small brown bottles - they are 250ml I think? Also Coronitas (small Coronas) but the bottles are clear. I get the small Bohemia for fun sometimes in Baja. Not sure where you can buy them in the US?

Back