yeast option help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbkoziar

Reaction score
My husband has shown me a beer ingredient kit called chocolate covered beavr nuts(funny name i know) its like a peanut butter cup beer. and his birthday is coming up so i figured id order it for him for his upcoming birthday. but there are yeast options and i havent the first clue on what would be the best one. it offers 1)premium dry yeast(Fermentis 05) 2)white labs vial(American Ale 1056) and lastly 3)wyeast activator (California Ale 001) what one would be recommended? i provided the link to the exact ingredient kit

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/chocolate-covered-beavr-nutz.html

:rockin:

Since it's a x-mas present I would just opt for the dry yeast (05). The other yeasts will need to be refridgerated. Kinda hard to do with a wrapped present. The dry yeast should probably be refridgerated also, but it will be ok at room temperature. The liquid yeast...no way.

i planed on taking the yeast out and hiding it in the fridge where he rarely searches for things lol and its his birthday which is the end of this month. so i would like to get the best yeast for it.

nbkoziar said:
i planed on taking the yeast out and hiding it in the fridge where he rarely searches for things lol and its his birthday which is the end of this month. so i would like to get the best yeast for it.

It doesn't really matter which one you choose, they're all the same yeast strain. They're just distributed by different companies. If he usually gets liquid yeast get wyeast or white labs otherwise get US-05.

It doesn't really matter which one you choose, they're all the same yeast strain. They're just distributed by different companies. If he usually gets liquid yeast get wyeast or white labs otherwise get US-05.

Agree.

If he is a new brewer and is not making starters, then pick the. US-05. They are all the same strain.

One pack of the US-05 will be good for most brews. The liquid yeasts will require making a starter.

He is lucky that you support his brewing......

My wife does too.

Back