Pineapple Wheat Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2rnewton

Reaction score
Had a Maui Brewing Pineapple Wheat this past weekend.

It was outstanding. I would like to make that as my summer beer next year (I know, thinking way too far ahead).

Any suggestions?

I'd email the brewery. I had the pleasure of touring their brewery a couple months ago and while there the guide was more than happy to explain in detail how the coconut porter was made. I don't see why the pineapple wheat would be any more sacred.

Thanks. I will. I actual made a coconut coffee porter last winter that was my attempt to clone their coconut porter.

It turned out good but coffee took over some o coconut flavor. Would like to try it again with just coconut.

I made a Pineapple Honey Wheat earlier this year. I used 100% pineapple juice concentrate and primed with the same concentrate and honey. The beer turned out good but not enough of a noticeable pineapple flavor. After I made it I saw the pineapple wheat from Maui and have been meaning to try it.

I love Maui brewing companies Manna wheat and want to try to make a batch of it. did you guys have any luck with it?

I am planning on trying it in next month or so. I want it for my summer beer. I tried a coconut stout this winter. Used fresh coconuts in a herb ball during secondary. May try same with fresh pineapple.

I'm fermenting my cut up fresh pineapple now here in Taiwan. I'm going to use the wild yeast on the pineapple skin to make a wheat beer. Any recipe suggestions for grains and hops? My buddy harvested the wild yeast from apples and it worked out pretty well (no brewing yeast added). Thanks from Taipei via Kansas!

Back