What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it goes well! Are you on an iPhone?

Thanks! No, I am on an Android phone. A Galaxy S III to be precise. Well, not anymore since I'm home from work now, but you get the idea.

I got off work a few hours early, but I dare not go to sleep for fear of not waking up in time to make it to my exam. So I am settling down with this bad boy. Gonna follow this up with something slow drinking so I don't get wasted before I have to leave.

Terrible pic, sorry, but even a DSLR can't make up for awful lighting and a tired a shooter.

20130119_020800.jpg

Had RR Supplication and Rodenbach Grand Cru, while brewing a clone of Supplication. Right now I'm drinking my Feast of Fools which is a Braggot, with Peaches and Apricots fermented with Flanders Golden yeast. It's is now 4 years old and finally hit its stride. Delicious.

Against the Grain Golden Shower. Getting ready to wreck the beer budget on 2 bottles of Stille Nacht Reserva.

Is that the Against The Grain that's in Louisville? Im about 2 hours away and was quite impressed with a few of their brews

Cool bottle. Some of those Euro brewers have a lot of old world imaginative abilities. In a while I'll be having more SA Winter Lager,a dark copper wheat bock with spices. And some Oskar blue's dale's pale ale to be sure. Those cans really do kick the flavor & aroma a notch.:ban::tank:

Drinking one of Stauff's Dust Devil IIPAs in celebration of finishing my BJCP exam earlier today. This is a really well brewed IIPA. Plenty of hop everything and just strong enough malt back bone to keep the hops in check. Well done, man! The pic makes it look like mud but it really is a very pretty color. I'll try to get a pic that does it justice when I drink the other one.

20130119_145800.jpg

On my second Sam Adam's Winter Lager. Good old bock. Love that bock flavor. Too bad it's not the old Stroh's bock from the 70's...

'Bout ready to do an early carbonation test on a pale ale and then on an IPA with rice. My pipeline is pretty low at the moment due to hog butchering, curing and smoking in Nov. and Dec. Plenty of cider but not much for ale. The holidays took more of a toll than expected on the supply. We are making up for lost time now.

Finishin the second winter lager while the icy wind howls outside my window like a lost soul. Savin two of'em for tomorrow. Got 4 Dale's pale ales left to enjoy,so Dale,you're up next!:ban::rockin:

2 Hopslams down. Wow, this stuff is good and sneaky. About to pour another and start on one of my favorite soups (baked potato soup)

Pretty close,but I use shalots instead of leaks. & I roast the garlic till it's caramelized,due to the strength of the smoked extra sharp cheddar. I even toss in a little half & half. And use hungarian smoked bacon.

Having a HB pumpkin ale WATCHING HOCKEY!!! Hell yea! Heh, not only does my beer taste awesome, I didn't pay 12 bucks for it!!

Cool bottle. Some of those Euro brewers have a lot of old world imaginative abilities.

Well those guys were the first ones here in Russia who bottled their beer in cool-stylized pre-commies era bottles (i.e. 1917 and earlier).

Here comes my favorite one, which I'm currently drinking right now:
khamovniki_pilsenskoe_1.jpg

The label tells us "Khamovneekee Peelzenskoye". It's actually a pilsner. From my point of view, a German style pilsner. Extremely thick mouthfeel, overwhelming grassy and bitter hops, endless bitter aftertaste.

krackin said:
Thanks for posting the link. I never had baked potato soup and it sounds like a winner with a pot roast and home made sourdough wheat bread.

You're in for a treat!

I really dig a hearty potato soup as well... That being said... Drinking a Founders breakfast stout... WATCHING HOCKEY!!

had a founders centennial IPA. I like it better straight from the bottle, for some reason it seems more citrus flavors come through that way.

I also noticed that the bottle date was 7/2012! this was from my reputable store, so i m a little bummed they are so old. they were kept in the fridge tho, but i definitely want to try it fresh.

Dogfish Head Birra Etrusca, hmmm.... highly phenolic, wheat is huge in the aroma, very nutty, lightly bready mouthfeel.

Back