burner on the fritz mid brew Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianaroller

Reaction score
I'm running a Brutus clone. My sparge water was heating up. After the water reached its set temp the burner shut off. When it fired again this is what it looked like. The burner under the mlt is running fine except for a mini explosion when it cycles off. The solenoid has only been used for one other brew. I've disconnected the tank, shut everything off and tried again but no luck.

ForumRunner_20121124_095131.jpg

foos-n-brew said:
I had a similar scenario with my Blichmann burner.
If your propane tank is freezing up try putting it in a Rubbermaid with about 5" of water in it.

foos-n-brew said:
I had a similar scenario with my Blichmann burner.

What did you do to fix the problem?

The tank is starting to freeze over but the other burners are fine. I seem to be going through a lot of propane. Maybe my burner is clogged and I'm not getting g a good air/fuel mixture??

Too much air makes the flame lift off the burner. Too little air causes yellow flame so I would open up the shutter see if that helps. Also might not have enough gas pressure from the tank freezing. That will cause that also because the LP gas doesn't have enough velocity to draw enough air into the burner. On cold days I set my tank on a heat pad to keep it warm,

I put my tank in a Rubbermaid with about 5" of warm water in the bottom of it. No more problem. Just don't leave your tank in the water when you're done or it will rust.

swackattack said:
Looks like too much air in the line

Yep. I sprayed all the gas lines down with star San and I found a leak at the solenoid. Thank you all for the help.

Latest posts

Back