Untapped Festival Dallas 9/8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Not so bad. Posting seemed to get the line going.

Hmmm...

Bull **** lottery is bull ****.

Fest is actually pretty good. Not crowded.

All in all, a good fest. No charge for parking and we even got in a lot across the street. Good music. The Beastie Boys cover band was, um, interesting. Ample food trucks. Not too crowded. Friendly people. Real glass tasting glass. And of course, great beer.

Dogfish Head
Punkin, Pumpkin Ale
More pumpkin pie spice than pumpkin. Pretty good, and this from someone who is not a Dogfish Head fan.

Brooklyn Brewery
2010 Monster Ale, Barely Wine
More malty sweet than the other barely wine I've had. Was good.

Victory Brewing
V12, Quadrupel
Good.

Alaskan Brewing
Alaskan White, Belgian Wit
Good and refreshing.

Ballast Point
Dorado and Sculpin IPA
I drank these because the TR is all a tizzy over them. They were okay IPAs. I'm not normally an IPA guy, so...

Breckenridge Brewing
Agave Wheat, American Wheat
Nice. Citrusy and tasted more like nopales than agave. Refreshing.

Deep Ellum Brewing
Sorachi Ace/Green Tea IPA
Again, not an IPA guy, but this was good. The green tea flavor was really there. Think a hopped green tea as a beer.

Franconia Brewing
Sarah's Darkside, Black Pilsner
Licorice and chocolate. A great now and then beer when you want something big and bold.

Harpoon Brewing
Leviathan Great Scott, Scotch Ale
Wow! Like a shot of scotch. Awesome.

Lakewood Brewing
Temptress, Imperial Milk Stout
Before this, I said I didn't like milk stout. This one did everything right. Best milk stout, ever.

Peticolas Brewing
Great Scot!, Scotch Ale
A good ale. Not much on the Scotch.

Rodenbach
Rodenback Grand Cru, Sour Ale
Like drinking a sweet tart, but more beery than candy. Very good.

Wandering Aengus Ciderworks
Anthem Hops, Cider
Citrusy lemon wiith another light refreshing flavor I still can't place. Good stuff.

Namii Vietnamese
BBQ Pork sandwich
Pretty okay. Good bread. Did not skimp on the fixins.

La Grange Snow Cone
Tiger's Blood snow cone
Perfect shaved ice snow cone. Syrup all the way through.

I thought about going. But after doing the Big Texas Beer Festival this spring and Brew at the Zoo last year, I've resolved to stop going to Beer Festivals when it's their first year doing it.

It went off really well. They started approving people in line before 1 so when it started you could just walk in. Beer lines were much shorter than I thought and there was plenty of room even though the space wasn't huge. My only real issue was the lack of seating while eating but people were friendly about sharing tables and not lingering in seats.

The Peticolas vanilla velvet hammer on cask was the best beer I had. Really good times.

So you were the "person" hmmm shall we say who drank it all before we got to it. :mad:

Ha! Good on ya. :D

We got to the Temptress just before it was out.

I had one 12oz pour. I didn't get greedy. lol

I know Rahr ran out of the chili red really fast. I tried to get some around 2 and it was all gone.

I also had the barrel aged old chub and Lakewood had a prickly pear version of their rye I also scored. I swear they did not have that prickly pear beer out until the middle of the afternoon but it was stellar.

Back