What beer to brew for my graduation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootstrapBill

Reaction score
I am looking to brew a couple 5 gallon extract batches this week for my graduation. I am kegging and will be force carbonating them. I was thinking about doing a kolch and then either another light beer, a lambic or do a 180 and make something that is very malty and hoppy.

With the kolch, I see that a lot of people do a honey kolch, is that the way to go? And throw me some ideas on a second beer to do. Thank you all.

For my graduation I would brew a beer that I like! Since you'll be brewing two batches I say brew your favorite beer for you and another beer that you think will be acceptable to the masses. :mug:

I say go with an IPA and something light like a Kolsch but forget about that honey stuff, save it for some mead! :mug: also Edwort has a Kolsch recipe on here that is very good

For mine I am brewing up an American Amber Ale and a Vanilla Porter. Nobody (including me) has had my VP but everyone loves my American Amber Ale.

I'd go with a cream ale for all the BMC people and a belgium trippel for yourself

Unless your graduation is next year I wouldn't brew the lambic lol

If it is for the plebs make something pale and light bodied, for more refined palettes do anything you desire that isn't going to require long aging periods.

Back