Set it Forget it Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenFields

Reaction score
I think this is the way I am going to go.
Do I need to hit it a few times with 30psi, or do I just simply hook my gas up and set it at my serving pressure and leave it alone?
Do I need to purge it at all in the next few weeks.
If someone could give me some detailed directions I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Set it and forget it is just that. Set your pressure, vent for O2 then forget it for about three weeks. Many seem to get to the target volume in under that but mine seem to take three weeks unless I hit with 30lbs then reduce to serve pressure. The check valve maintains the pressure until absorption occurs then maintains serving pressure. That is my method and seems to get to target volume a little quicker.

I fill the keg. Purge the keg. Set it at 30 psi for a couple of days. Then I set it at serving pressure, 10 psi and drink..Always seemed to work for me..

Do I need to hit it a few times with 30psi, or do I just simply hook my gas up and set it at my serving pressure and leave it alone?
Hit it once with 30 just to seat the lid & purge. Then turn down to your serving pressure and leave it.

Do I need to purge it at all in the next few weeks.
Nope; no additional purging required after the initial purge.

Ah come on arturo and wild, we were all noobs a time or two. Some of us are not very computer literate and besides its the holiday season. HBT has always been like Ace hardware, "The Helpful Brewing Place". :D

Dude cmon, doesn't it get a little tiresome seeing the same questions asked 900 times? There is a search function for a reason. I'm not even mad about the question, just frustrated. :mug:

I understand guys. Maybe I just go a little soft around the holidays. As an illiterate myself, it took a few months to find the advanced search function and almost gave up trying to use the HBT search due to the google returns that were provided. Once the advanced search was pointed out to me, I have used it exclusively.
BTW beercigars the advanced search appears at the bottom of the search drop down list and opens another page of options.

Thanks for the advice. I did use the search fuction, but some of the posts do not go over it very thorough so I had some questions. Once I got my gas hooked up for the very first time and actually using the equipment, it was a little easier to understand.
Using the search fuction and reading all the different post on force carbing was a little overwelming to this newbie. Thanks for the helpful replies.

One thing I dont get is, if it bothers you to see a question that has been asked a 1000 times, wouldnt it be better to just move on to the next post with out commenting on the question? Just a thought.

One thing I dont get is, if it bothers you to see a question that has been asked a 1000 times, wouldnt it be better to just move on to the next post with out commenting on the question? Just a thought.

Come back after you've been here a few years and ask that again.:D

Back