Welch's white grape question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWG24

Reaction score
I was at Walmart buying stuff for apple pie moonshine recipe with Vodka, and I saw that they had Welchs white grape and Welches white grape and peach juice on sale so I figured I would get some and ferment it. However, I have been looking at recipes for each online and they all seem to use concentrate. Did I make a mistake by getting the juice instead of the concentrate?

Not at all, I actually had a hard time trying to find the concentrate. I put together a recipe off of the white grape peach juice and absolutly love the end product. Best wine I have ever had. Here is the exact recipe I used:

1 gallon of Welch’s White grape juice
3.5 gallons of Welch’s White grape peach juice
4 cups of cane sugar
2 pounds of peaches
4 tsp of pectin enzyme
3 tsp of yeast nutrients (DAP)
2 tsp of Nutriferm Advanced (1 tsp added 24 hours after yeast pitch & the second 48 hours.)
5 crushed campden tablets
Yeast: Lalvin 71b

OG: 1.070

Let this ferment dry & then stabilize and back sweeten to 1.015.

The only issue with the juice is that it may have preservatives in it. If not, then just follow any recipe at all, using the juice instead of the concentrate + water.

I have a Welch's recipe posted that you can use with any kind of juice, on the left under my avatar, or in the recipe database (under "recipes" in the tool bar above).

I made the welch's white and it turned out much better then I imagined! I think I used 3 cans of the concentrate and sugar to bring theog up to 1.070 and water to make a gallon. Racket it after a week just to open up the primary for other experiments. I then let it set till it was clear, about 30 days. I tried it during bottling and it wasn't half bad. After a couple weeks it was even better. Unfortunately it was only a gallon but I do plan on upping it to 5 or 6 gallons.

I just started a white grape/peach welch's in my gallon primary. It smells amazing! I'll let you know how it turns out in a month & change.

Cheers!

Back