I'm thinking smaller..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadWeezel

Reaction score
Well after starting AG and getting a few brews under my belly, I think i'm now wanting to start experimenting with smaller 1-2g batches, and perfecting my recipes before a full 5gal batch.

I guess i need some help thinking of stuff to help miniturize my operation. the mini mash-tun is definatly in the works, but i need to find some type of economical fermentors (think mrbeer but cheaper) and ways to save wort.

Well Idea's, Thoughts?

I made a cyser a while ago. The apple juice came in glass 1 gallon jugs. I use those jugs for small batches and yeast starters.

- magno

Glass apple juice jugs cannot be beat for small batches. Ferment the cider, drink, rinse, experiment. The ones I have take a standard carboy stopper.

I'm doing 3 gallon batches these days. I wouldn't go any smaller. Ingredients are cheap and there is just enough produced to enjoy it.

I'll age in 3 gallon Better Bottles when my LHBS gets some. I ferment in small buckets.

Back