CO2 to lager in kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumer0

Reaction score
I had an empty kegerator so I racked a lager from my conical and continued to lager in my kegerator (had been lagering for 2 weeks already). No C02 applied to the kegs (well, just enough to make a seal). This morning I was reading how sulfur can affect the taste when the C02 is not allowed to be released. Oops. With this in mind (among other facts I dont know), would it be safe/recommended to apply C02 to the kegs and let them lager for another 2 weeks under pressure? Just wondering if I could kill two birds (lager and carbing) with one stone...

Thanks

Was it fermenting when you added it to the keg? If it was finished then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

No, it had plenty of time in the primary and secondary. I think it was 3 weeks in primary, one week of diacytl rest, and two weeks @ 34 degrees. Then keg.

So I can apply C02?

Thanks

Back