Sanyo 4912 Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer3401

Reaction score
I bought one, and have all the parts ready to go.
Q - I bought a 12" drip tray with a drain. Can I safely drill a hole for this without hitting any freon lines ?
I'm planning on putting it in the same place as the one that Buford did.
Thanks for your help.

I considered getting one with a drain, but I just settled on one without. I didn't notice any heat from coolant lines except in that area behind where the tower is mounted, so anywhere in the middle of the front 1/2 of the fridge top should be fine.

The drain is a waste...you'll have to drill a hole for the line then have a container inside the fridge which also takes up space. Of course you could always run it into a bag like a catheter....oh, bad....image...can't...re...move from...brain...Spock!!:drunk:

I have the "skinnier" kegs (a little taller) and putting the co2 cylinder on a board gives me enough room to put a 4" pvc pipe (with capped bottom) in front of the kegs (right in the middle). It's tight, but the door closes.

Back