You know you have anger problems when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
it affects your brewing.

Got in a fight with the SWMBO and in a fit of anger smacked my air lock of my fermenter and slammed the door. Came back to it later, after I cooled off, and was greeted with an eerie ring at the top of the fermenter. I missed my starting gravity and primary was finished and I was going to rerack it after work tomorrow. It was EdWorts Haus Ale and it was my first AG and I was an idiot and ruined it. I was a ****ing idiot so I deserved to watch my beer get poured down the drain. Not a huge deal just mad at my self for not thinking. Guess I'll start over and try to hit my gravity this time. I'll probably brew a wheat at the same time. I love the song of multiple fermenters going at once. Oh well. It wasn't going to be quite right anyways trying to look on the bright side. Start over again and try not to cry over ruined beer.

But on the even brighter side...making up from fights is sooooooo much fun. Almost worth it:D

I never get violent when I'm mad at SWMBo...but the other day we argued over something stupid (I can't even remember what) and I ended up throwing my cell phone. It shattered when it hit the wall.

The end result she was even more mad at me and I was down 100$ for a new phone!:eek:

Ditto on the make-up sex.

Never pour it out until it's confirmed dead! If fermentation was done, sitting open for that short a time wouldn't have done much damage, if any. Beer is a pretty durable thing.

Please tell me you didn't already dump the beer. There is a good chance that it is just fine. Did the whole lid come off or just the airlock? Either way, there is a layer of CO2 over the beer that protects it. Stuff like airborne mold and bacteria could settle into it but you don't know that. I'd continue your fermentation and give it a taste before you bottle it. If tastes OK then you didn't waste 5 gallons of beer.
Good luck.

I know how it goes. The first few years of our marriage were very hard on doors and walls around here. I grew up in a small family (2 kids), where yelling was a very bad thing, she grew up in a large family (11 kids) where you had to yell just to hear each other at the dinner table. When she gets worked up about something, in a good or a bad way, she gets very loud. It took me a while to learn to deal with that.

Luckily, I have never struck another person in anger in my lift. Self defense, yes, but not out of anger. She would yell, I would punch the wall, and then she would yell even more. I have left some of the less noticeable damage and not repaired it, as it is a constant and subtle reminder to keep my cool.

As to the cell phone, we have a HUGE picture window in the loving room, and if it ever broke, I think I would have to take out a second mortgage to get it repaired. For that reason, I have had a rule in this house since the day we moved in that no one ever is allowed to throw anything in the house. One night, about six months into the marriage, she got mad at me and threw the toothpaste tube at me. I side stepped, and it hit the wall. That made her madder, so she threw the dental floss at me also. I side stepped that one too. Took that argument while to cool down.

Back