Ever blend your homebrew with craft beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbuzz

Reaction score
I brewed a pretty tasty chocolate coconut stout...but I'm getting bored with it and the keg just won't kick...so I've started blending it with other beers in my fridge that I'm not overly fond of.

For example...have about a six pack left of Magic Hat Howl. Drank a ton of it last year while on my honeymoon, so on a somewhat misguided nostalgic whim, my wife and I got a case of it to celebrate our anniversary. Well it's okay...not bad for a sessionable Americanized schwarzbier, but after one night of drinking them, I've had enough til next year. So...I'm sipping on a blend of the stout that I brewed and the Howl...it's pretty tasty...smokey, chocolatey, coconuty...very tasty. I call it "Sweet N Smokey"

Any of you ever blend your homebrew with craft beer? Which ones? Results?

No! Absolutely not, not ever. Even for a black and tan I would use my own stout and pale ale. On the other hand; my wife likes Hornsby's Crisp Apple, and sometimes I mix one of my ciders with one of her Hornsby's. A little sweeter from the Hornsby's. More body and apple flavor from my cider, and the mix comes out to about 7%ABV. Quite tasty.;)

I am just jealous that you have the Magic Hat family of beer at your disposal. Do whatever pleases you - but no I have not mixed beer. But then again I never thought of it...

Back