Non alcoholic beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hebrews

Reaction score
I have a member of my family that currently only drinks O'Douls "non-alcoholic" beer. Is there a way to home brew non alcoholic beer?

I have a member of my family that currently only drinks O'Douls "non-alcoholic" beer. Is there a way to home brew non alcoholic beer?

If he has a medical reason to not consume alcohol, no. If he wants to simply drink less alcohol you can brew lower alcohol beer, or remove some of the alcohol from beer.

See posts from Mary Beth Raines on homebrew digest on the subject. She could remove only about half of the alcohol from normal strength beer in her kitchen, despite being able to remove nearly all in a lab in small quantities.

I have never seen any report of someone making anything close to alcohol free beer at home where the alcohol level was reliably confirmed. You can get alcohol measured by a lab for under $100 or a local brewery with a lab may do it for free if they like you. Don't compromise someone's health by giving them the product of a process before you confirm definitively that it works.

Back